Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

What is the NYAC thinking?

Yeah, Colon looked great yesterday. Love his style of wrestling - beat up opponents and score a lot of points. I thought Mitcheff had a very good tournament too, and he showed a big heart in beating both Haze and Hoch.

As far as the other weights:

61: The Russian won Gold, but Hutter gave him a very tough semi final match. Mutalinov went on to destroy the Japanese kid in the finals.

65: Great tournament for Chamberlain. He was tough as nails in every match. I'm guessing the 2 Russians at this weight had to be true 61kg wrestlers. They looked tiny against the field yesterday. BTW, Dzhalilov was the guy I was impressed with at the practice session last Thursday. He opened up the tournament by knocking off Joey McKenna. 

70: You know, I was watching the final match here, with Hall ahead at the very end, and really, "I just knew it". Garcia hits a beautiful "short time" takedown for the win. Crushing loss for Hall (who had a great tourney), and a "money" win for Garcia. He earned it. 

74: First time I really saw Godley, and wow, this guy is jacked. He had a scare his opening match against Mexico, where he got taken down and turned a few times. But sure enough, Godley came storming back to win the match, then cruised past the field into the finals. That's where he met the Russian (who looked about "half as strong" as Godley), but did he ever outwrestle Godley. What a lightening fast shrug/go-behind to easily score on Godley.

I thought Mark Bader was pretty accurate the way he described Shamsudino's style in his FLO play-by-play of the match.

86: Perry wins Gold in a very tough bracket. Great tournament for him. Winn also looked great, and I loved his 2 takedowns against a very tough Jon Reader. Those takedowns were sweet, and clutch. 

97: Francois brings home the Gold and looked very good in doing so. Really enjoyed Kyle Dake coaching him from the stands a few rows behind me. Kyle was yelling out some real cool techniques and moves, and I'm not kidding, I actually learned what to do in certain situations. 

125: Fortune and Bradley appeared to be the 2 best at this weight yesterday, and Fortune beat him for the Gold. Interesting, Thompson dominated the Russian in the brackets, then the Russian dominated Thompson for the Bronze. That Russian HWT looked more like a basketball player, but he was still a very good wrestler, obviously. He looked very young too.

Edited by 2td3nf

97: Francois brings home the Gold and looked very good in doing so. Really enjoyed Kyle Dake coaching him from the stands a few rows behind me. Kyle was yelling out some real cool techniques and moves, and I'm not kidding, I actually learned what to do in certain situations

I'm interested.

I'm interested.

(Kyle, if you're reading this, I hope you don't get mad at me for posting this.)

"Stand up", with the ankle lace when he couldn't turn him on the mat.

"Split the legs" in a certain scramble position.

And plenty of other common sense, positive "advice" to the mat wrestler. IMO, he'll be a great coach if he wants to be.

(BTW, since we're talking about Kid Dynamite, Kyle was respectful and gracious to everyone that approached him, at least from what I saw. There were kids, guys from foreign countries, and even several women wrestlers asking Kyle for autographs and pictures with him. IMO, Kid Dynamite is the goods.)