Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

SUPER 32 Lightweight Brackets anywhere?

They are only showing today's results. Quarter finals on forward.

I actually don't mind that as some of the brackets were huge and required a lot of scrolling.

I wanted to see how some of the guys I know were doing.  They must not have made it to quarters.   :(

Surely they will archive them somewhere after it is over.

Patrick is also in his 5th year of high school. Not sure how that works, I didn't know you could redshirt while in high school. I understand about the post grad with some prep schools but I didn't think they could compete with normal high school kids in high school tournaments.

greenmt, you're a little confused. It's not a PG year, it's called reclass, some kids when they head to preps repeat a grade when they enter the prep school. They don't graduate then keep wrestling. I'm sure some experts on the private schools can explain it better.

Not sure what the question is but technically no kid in his 5th year after starting 9th grade should wrestle against kids going to "normal" HSs in in-season events. The Super 32 is not an in-season event so I'm not sure what the issue is. There is a nuanced difference between a 5th year senior (or reclass as JB puts it) and a PG (post graduate) which should be obvious from the names (one graduated, one didn't) but as of just a few years ago we don't even make the distinction at the Preps any more. We place teams with either of them in their lineup in a separate team score category.

Patrick is also in his 5th year of high school. Not sure how that works, I didn't know you could redshirt while in high school. I understand about the post grad with some prep schools but I didn't think they could compete with normal high school kids in high school tournaments.

Surprised to see fifth year seniors in the super 32 (despite it's "off-season" status). Now we know.