Sign in to follow this  
nom

all-star meet and flo coverage

OOB, so Miller chooses to go neutral.  Green on a DEEP double.  and 2 for himself.  2-2.

Now, Miller flat.  Not doing anything.  Eventually OOB.  Neutral restart.

2-2.  Geen with 36 sec RT.  

2nd pd.

Green down, rolls.  On feet, Miller releases.  3-2 Green

INSIDE TRIP MILLER!   Wow.  Need replay.   Sweet move.  Sweet.

Green to feet, release.  4-4.

Green lowers, but no.

Now Green in on high double, Miller fighting.  Now side to side with whizzer.  Green gets in a line and dives for double.  Nothing.  Miller pushes him OOB as Green walks back on knees and feet.

Wow.  

3rd pd

Miller down -- MIller up, back down.  Green RT down around 15 sec but climbing. Miller not moving much.  Rolls but Green almost holds him for 2 .. no.  Stall warning MIller (?? - he just rolled, perhaps green made him roll).

Miller unimpressive on bottom.  Flat on mat.  Tired?  Green has RT.  Might win on RT?!!!

Stalling on Miller .. again.  He is flat.  Not doing much but Green is pressing down.  That is a stalling point.

5-4 Green.

Green wins 6-4 with RT.

Beckman has Schopp's leg.  Schopp rolls, and then rolls AGAIN but Beckman settles in for the 2.  

Now Schopp away.

2d pd

Schopp riding in an interesting way.  out to side, putting knee on Beckman's arm.  Beckman fighting to control own hand.  Schopp have a well known move here?  Not familiar.

Again.  Same thing on restart.  Knee on arm.  What's up?  Beckman on pure defense on bottom.

Flat.  Really want to see what Schopp is trying to do.

Rides out Beckman.  Schopp has 1:28 RT.

3d pd

Neutral.

Effectively tied with RT.

Schopp the aggressor.  Beckman reaches.  Schopp using 2 on 1.  Beckman posting on head.  Away.

Again on 2 on one.  Pulls him by but Beckman goes way OOB.

Be reaches on restart.  2 on 1 for Schopp.  Away.  Again on 2on1.  Pulls by again and this time gets the TD by getting behind and pulling Beckman way back.

Wins 4-2!!!

Lots of great matches. Schiller did a great job wearing down Cox. The amount of head pressure he applied to Cox was insane. I'm not sure how much of Cox gassing was based on that or just being out of shape. Maybe some of both.

After his impressive showing at University FS Nationals, I thought we'd see a dominant Ian Miller take out James Green. Miller pushed the pace early, working a lot of upper body and looking for the big move. He appeared to have worn himself down by halfway thru the second. Green looked improved on top in the third. Like one of the announcers said, wish we could just watch these guys go at it on their feet the whole time.

I think this is McMullen's year to take heavyweight.

FWIW, any event that includes "flo wrestling" means I get to watch the matches on Utube at some point. It's funny, there was a time where getting wrestling information was impossible outside a couple of days, and then the century turned, and we could get information, then the decade turned, and the casual fan has to hunt everywhere again.

I am not sure if there is a marginal sport (including darts) where getting results, and at least hi-lite video is so hard.

Wrestling seems to be devolving.

sgallan,

I'm not sure if you are actually a dart player/fan like myself, but there was great matches from the dartslive Las Vegas Open streaming live on the internet today.

FWIW, any event that includes "flo wrestling" means I get to watch the matches on Utube at some point. It's funny, there was a time where getting wrestling information was impossible outside a couple of days, and then the century turned, and we could get information, then the decade turned, and the casual fan has to hunt everywhere again.

I am not sure if there is a marginal sport (including darts) where getting results, and at least hi-lite video is so hard.

Wrestling seems to be devolving.

Well said. Amen.