Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Edinboro vs. Pitt

It's almost difficult to break this down with a lot of lineup questions. A full strength Pitt lineup could give Edinboro a run, but the lineup they put out this last weekend was missing a few key guys.

125: My guess is Mines will be the guy for Edinboro, despite that wrestle off loss to Russell. Makes more sense to redshirt Russell and let Mones finish out, I don't think you gain much by wrestling Russell and with all they are losing this year it probably helps to rebuild. Pitt went with true freshmen Forys this weekend, but what ever happened to. Nick Roberts? Is he on the team, eligible, competing? I think Mines beats Forys, tho not a lock I suppose, but with Roberst in there I'd call it a 50/50.

133: Schopp is #1 in the country and this might be one of the weakest links in the Pitt lineup. Expect bonus here.

141: Bright didn't wrestle this weekend. I know he's had some injuries before, but he is very good and a real shot to AA this year. I don't think he can beat Port but I think he could make it interesting, without Bright this is bonus for Edinboro.

149: Racciato does own a won over Kindig so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he can beat Habat, but Habat has to be the favorite.

157: Matthews beats anyone Pitt puts out here.

165: I though Weirchoch would be the guy for Pitt here but he didn't go this weekend. If he wrestles he is the favorite, if not I say this is a 50/50.

174: Wilps would be a big favorite here, but I don't know if he's ready to go and I don't know enough about their backup at this weight, so I'm gonna say Edinboro is favored here.

184: Marquee matchup of the night with Avery and Thoumeseit. The Mass homer in me wants to pick Avery, but I think Pitt is a very slight favorite here

197: Bonacorsi favored

285: Probably a tossup, Edinboro kid did well at Clarion, Pitt always seems to have a tough group of upper weights, haven't seen enough of either to pick, call this a tossup.

It's almost difficult to break this down with a lot of lineup questions. A full strength Pitt lineup could give Edinboro a run, but the lineup they put out this last weekend was missing a few key guys.

125: My guess is Mines will be the guy for Edinboro, despite that wrestle off loss to Russell. Makes more sense to redshirt Russell and let Mones finish out, I don't think you gain much by wrestling Russell and with all they are losing this year it probably helps to rebuild. Pitt went with true freshmen Forys this weekend, but what ever happened to. Nick Roberts? Is he on the team, eligible, competing? I think Mines beats Forys, tho not a lock I suppose, but with Roberst in there I'd call it a 50/50.

133: Schopp is #1 in the country and this might be one of the weakest links in the Pitt lineup. Expect bonus here.

141: Bright didn't wrestle this weekend. I know he's had some injuries before, but he is very good and a real shot to AA this year. I don't think he can beat Port but I think he could make it interesting, without Bright this is bonus for Edinboro.

149: Racciato does own a won over Kindig so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he can beat Habat, but Habat has to be the favorite.

157: Matthews beats anyone Pitt puts out here.

165: I though Weirchoch would be the guy for Pitt here but he didn't go this weekend. If he wrestles he is the favorite, if not I say this is a 50/50.

174: Wilps would be a big favorite here, but I don't know if he's ready to go and I don't know enough about their backup at this weight, so I'm gonna say Edinboro is favored here.

184: Marquee matchup of the night with Avery and Thoumeseit. The Mass homer in me wants to pick Avery, but I think Pitt is a very slight favorite here

197: Bonacorsi favored

285: Probably a tossup, Edinboro kid did well at Clarion, Pitt always seems to have a tough group of upper weights, haven't seen enough of either to pick, call this a tossup.

MA, I thought that I read that Roberts was not eligible until the 2nd semester.

If you like the response of "no common opponents" for everything sure it's nifty. 

Noted.

I got 95% of the match results done last night. Will get the remaining tonight. Once I'm done, they will get uploaded to the production site.

MA   and anyone for that matter, some of us, or maybe just me, do not know every kid in the nation, so it is really helpful to have notes like this.  When I look at results or am able to watch the match, I use them to add excitement.  The bad part about it is I also force my wife to listen to me about it!

Just found this...

125: Forys (P) WBD Mines (E) 6-0
133: Schopp (E) MD Zanetta (P) 10-0

141: Port (E) WBF Schaffer (P)

149: Racciato (P) MD Lorea (E) 12-4 (Not sure where Habat was)

157: Matthews (E) WBD (P) Garbinsky 7-4

165: Weircioch (P) WBD Fuller (E) 5-3

174: Rearghard (P) WBD Jennings (E) 6-5

184: Thomusseit (P) WBD Avery (E) 5-3

197: Bonaccorsi (P) WBD Pickett (E) 4-1

285: Rizzo (P) WBF (E) Bosch

Mines appears to be having a rough start this year.

Just found this...

125: Forys (P) WBD Mines (E) 6-0

133: Schopp (E) MD Zanetta (P) 10-0

141: Port (E) WBF Schaffer (P)

149: Racciato (P) MD Lorea (E) 12-4 (Not sure where Habat was)

157: Matthews (E) WBD (P) Garbinsky 7-4

165: Weircioch (P) WBD Fuller (E) 5-3

174: Rearghard (P) WBD Jennings (E) 6-5

184: Thomusseit (P) WBD Avery (E) 5-3

197: Bonaccorsi (P) WBD Pickett (E) 4-1

285: Rizzo (P) WBF (E) Bosch

Mines appears to be having a rough start this year.

Lu, pretty sure Flo announcer said Habat had a skin issue.

I wouldn't say they are overrated just yet. It's one, very early season loss. November duals do not and should not be a deciding factor in a national championship picture. I don't think anyone realistically expected Edinboro to win a team title, but they still could have a top 5 finish, if a few guys step up between now and March.

That said, I'm sure this was a big let down for them. They have been getting a lot of attention, and rightfully so. To be fair, it's not like they lost to the 63rd best team in the country or something, Pitt is damn good and could be a top 10 dual team again this year. Habat not wrestling hurt, but Pitt was missing Bright and Wilps so I can't blame it all on Habat.

Mines losing to a true freshment, their 74 losing to a backup, heavyweight getting pinned, certainly didn't see those coming. Sounds like this was a great dual, great win for Pitt. I'm sure this win will give them a lot of confidence going into that Penn St dual in a couple weeks, which could be very interesting...

Pitt is great dual meet team-we all know that.  This is pretty early season--Boro primes for March.  This outcome actually doesn't surprise me.  Flynn will work them and have them ready when it really counts.