Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Marsteller a stunner... or not really?

This board "hates" wrestlers that seem overhyped, it's that simple. "I enjoyed the _________ era" has been a long standing tradition around here and I swear I get a chuckle every time I see a new one go up.

In regard to PSU fans and Marsteller, I think PSU fans have been too afraid of being characterized as haters if they say anything negative since he decommitted and went to OSU. I posted some reasons why I thought Chance might not live up to the expectations over on BlueWhite such as back issues, focus issues due to some family problems and not wrestling at the optimal weight class and everybody jumped on me.  

15-2 final over torres. Wow. Did he throw his challenge matches on purpose to get a RS year? I'm being somewhat facetious, but these results tell a much different story than his challenges did... Good day for Chance.

He had a broken nose he was recovering from. Nobody told you that, but it is indeed the case. The results from today are the true relationship between Chance and Torres. Keilan is a nice wrestler, but Chance is a better wrestler.

This board "hates" wrestlers that seem overhyped, it's that simple. "I enjoyed the _________ era" has been a long standing tradition around here and I swear I get a chuckle every time I see a new one go up.

In regard to PSU fans and Marsteller, I think PSU fans have been too afraid of being characterized as haters if they say anything negative since he decommitted and went to OSU. I posted some reasons why I thought Chance might not live up to the expectations over on BlueWhite such as back issues, focus issues due to some family problems and not wrestling at the optimal weight class and everybody jumped on me.  

I saw when that happened, F-T. That is why I don't post on our own boards. You have to be 100% in lockstep or the homers jump you. You are, of course, correct. Any of those things could potentially dereail Chance or any other college kid. 

Personally, I am pulling for Chance. The kid has never said a bad word about anyone, never complained, never made excuses. I hope he succeeds. At his best he's one heck of a wrestler. 

I don't know if the board hates over hyped wrestlers.  I think it is more of a case of the board hating the fans that do the "overhyping".  I sure get that way when a wrestler or a team has an obnoxios group of fans live through wrestlers or teams that they have nothing to do with other than being a fan,

There are time when I love to see a wrestler or team lose so the fans have to eat crow.

I don't know if the board hates over hyped wrestlers.  I think it is more of a case of the board hating the fans that do the "overhyping".  I sure get that way when a wrestler or a team has an obnoxios group of fans live through wrestlers or teams that they have nothing to do with other than being a fan,

There are time when I love to see a wrestler or team lose so the fans have to eat crow.

Wrestlers only obtain that kind of fan status because they win a lot. Chance went unbeaten in high school, in Pennsylvania, which is rare. So people follow him. It wasn't one of Chance's fans that began this thread, nor did it even begin after he won anything. It began because he failed to win, and then others piled on. 

Chance won today in a pretty lopsided fashion against the guy who was proclaimed their best 157 just last week. It is sort of natural that this result, just like the other result, would garner some talk.