Sign in to follow this  
jstock

East Stroudsburg Open Brackets

Nevills could meet Ray O'Donnell in  the 2nd round at 285. That should be a good match. McCutcheon has the potential to see Lorenzo Thomas in the semi's. If he were to upset #4 Thomas, he'd probably get #5 Opher Bernstein. This would mean his college career would have begun with him facing the #3, #4, #5, and #6 guys right out of the gate. Baptism by fire. 

Edited by TBar1977

Nevills could meet Ray O'Donnell in  the 2nd round at 285. That should be a good match. McCutcheon has the potential to see Lorenzo Thomas in the semi's. If he were to upset #4 Thomas, he'd probably get #5 Opher Bernstein. This would mean his college career would have begun with him facing the #3, #4, #5, and #6 guys in his first four matches. Baptism by fire. 

McCutcheon faced Nate Brown and Lorenzo Thomas, and lost, last year in opens.  Nate Brown widened the gap considerably this season. Penn State needs McCutcheon to show substantial improvement by the end of the season.  

McCutcheon faced Nate Brown and Lorenzo Thomas, and lost, last year in opens.  Nate Brown widened the gap considerably this season. Penn State needs McCutcheon to show substantial improvement by the end of the season.  

Totally agree. Matt needs to improve.

Nolf apparently pinned Gehr in the early part of 2nd period in his first collegiate match. Was said to have looked very impressive. 

Edited by TBar1977

Crazy early season tournament.  64 man bracket!  6 matches in 1 day to win it.  I am not sure if they are running wrestlebacks to 3rd/4th or only 5th/6th(semifinalists losers automatically wrestle for third) because you could end up wrestling 7 or even 8 matches in one day.

Edited by MSU158

These brackets look a little pared down from what I was expecting (then again, there are always scratches from opens, including, in this case, duplicates on the registration sheet), but I still put the over-under on the tournament being over at around 8:00...488 wrestlers, and they appear to be wrestling back to third...the good news is, they are using 12 mats, rather than the 10 they advertised initially...

Edited by SetonHallPirate

Nolf has two pins in two matches, Cisneros has two TF's in two matches. 

EDIT: Nolf was up something like 10-2 and took TOP to start the 2nd period. He turned his man and then pinned him. Nice.

Also, I did not at first realize this, but on the opposite side of the Hwt. bracket from Nick Nevills and Ray O'Donnell is not only Jacob Aiken Phillips from Cornell, but also Ziad Haddad from Kutztown, the current Division 2 Wrestler of the Year. Haddad is really interesting in that he graduated high school in 2008 and went to North Carolina. He redshirts his true freshman year and then earns their starting spot the next year and makes NCAA's. He ended up transferring back home (he wrestled at Becahi) to Kutztown. He has to be something like 24 or 25 now. But he is the reigning D2 Wrestler of the Year and I am sure will be a stout test in this event. 

Edited by TBar1977

tbar: please check facts and think before posting.

What are you concerned about? OK, I found it. Ziad wrestled at Becahi, not Easton. My bad, but you know what they say. All District 11 wrestlers are the same. Ha!

Edited by TBar1977

Penn State's 184 Matt McCutcheon was up 9-2 before pinning his opponent. Nick Nevills just won as well. I think that one ended at 8-2. I'm getting this from posts somewhere else being made by someone at the event. I'm assuming Nevills win came against Ray O'Donnell.

EDIT: This event is probably going to not end until midnight. nearly 600 wrestlers on what are reportedly only 8 mats

Edited by TBar1977

No idea what you are talking about. I assume you are talking about the Haddad info, but that comes from this link and I'm note sure what you would be upset about. 

http://www.kubears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3014

did you read the dm? nowhere in the link does it say about haddad being from easton. i was posting at the same time as you and didn't see your post correcting the error before that i posted about the dm. you have several mistakes in the last hour. i pointed those out. if you want to be a dick i can just be condescending to you from now on.

No idea what you are talking about. I assume you are talking about the Haddad info, but that comes from this link and I'm note sure what you would be upset about. 

http://www.kubears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3014

It's a good thing you didn't accidentally write that his favorite musical group is STYX (instead of Journey)...sockobuw might have blown a gasket.

Clean up in aisle 6

AJ Kowal (Stevens Institute of Technolog) DEC Ophir Bernstein (Brown) 3-2

EDIT: Don't take aisle 6 to mean that this was wrestled in an aisle. That is not to be taken LITERALLY. I am sure they wrestled on one of the wrestling mats.

Edited by TBar1977

Clean up in aisle 6

AJ Kowal (Stevens Institute of Technolog) DEC Ophir Bernstein (Brown) 3-2

EDIT: Don't take aisle 6 to mean that this was wrestled in an aisle. That is not to be taken LITERALLY. I am sure they wrestled on one of the wrestling mats.

noted, i will be a dick to you like the rest of the board.