Sign in to follow this  
jstock

East Stroudsburg Open Brackets

Some 184 results

Lorenzo Thomas Penn majored Stout Watson from Navy 13-4

Matt McCutcheon Penn State TF 16-0 over Mark Tracy from Binghamton

These two are going to meet in one semi

Taylor Jackson Rutgers MED over Travis McKillop and, The other quarter was Imonode Army over Kowal from Stevens 3-2.

There are MED FF all over the place now. Long bus rides is the reason I suspect.

Thomas beats McCutcheon 4-2, then majors Jackson 15-1 in the final.

McCutcheon obviously lost 4-2 to Thomas, which is not a bad loss considering Thomas' ranking. After a FF, he gets Bernstein in the 3rd place match.

Edited by TBar1977

Billy Miller Edinboro (2nd at Clarion) MED over Haddad

Aiken Phillips Cornell over Gunning Buffalo 

A-P gets Miller in semis

Nevills the freshman at Penn State by FALL over Garren from PENN in 3:59

Roseberry from Del Valley beat Appleby from Kutztown 5-2.

He'll get Nevills in semis.

So many MED FF coming in now. A lot of kids will not wrestle thee guy they registered hoping to get. Real shame.

Miller wound up beating Aiken Phillips in one semi

Nevills by FALL over Roseberry.

Nevills beat Miller for 1rst place by a score of 4-3.

Edited by TBar1977

Bolich Lehigh gets Green Bucknell in the semis

Frank Mattiace from Penn gets Murphy from Drexel. Mattiace advanced with another FALL. Must be wrestling real well.

Mattiace beat Bolich 4-2 in the final

Ryan Preisch from Lehigh beat Peyton Walsh of Navy. Nice win for Preisch who has wrestled really well this fall in Open events. He will draw Horan from Delaware Valley

Remillard from Brown advanced and will get Garrett Hammond, Penn State's starting 165. Hammond majored Coleman from Navy. The agate says Hammond won his prior match 1-0, but I believe that was actually a FALL.

Preisch beat Horan.

Hammond TF over Remillard 16-1.

Hammond beat Priesch 3-2 to take first place.

Edited by TBar1977

Jason Nolf pinned and TF his way to the semifinals where he met Cisneros from Cornell. Nolf beat Cisneros 6-2.

Justin Staudenmayer from Brown beat Cody Law from Penn State. He will now face Nolf in the final.

Mastro from Binghamton wrestled back winning 7 straight matches to take 3rd place, beating Cisneros in the 3rd place match 5-3.

Nolf beat Staudenmeyer 6-1 for first place. 

Edited by TBar1977

Wow, Nolf may be something special to watch. Would love to see him and Rutherford go live at practice

That would be fun, but there is a weight differential there. I'd like to see him get into an Open event with Micah Jordan or Chance, but I think the odds of that are slim and none. 

What is interesting coming out of this event is whether Edinboro takes the redshirt off Billy Miller. He finished 2nd at Clarion, 2nd here, and he beat both their other guys in wrestle offs. Those guys haven't gotten anything in their two varsity matches and here is young Miller looking pretty darn good in these Opens. I wonder how long they can hold him out? 

Edited by TBar1977

I wonder how the Nevills-Miller final played out. 

TBar-I have had hopes that Miller follows in the footsteps of locals Cam Wade and Jeremy Johnson. Was under the radar coming out. Like Nevills probably a redshirt wouldn't hurt.

Edited by LkwdSteve

I wonder how the Nevills-Miller final played out. 

TBar-I have had hopes that Miller follows in the footsteps of locals Cam Wade and Jeremy Johnson. Was under the radar coming out. Like Nevills probably a redshirt wouldn't hurt.

Didn't he win a couple state titles in Ohio? Wonder why he wasn't more heavily recruited? Yeah, wonder how it played out. The kid can obviously wrestle because he is the only one to keep it close with Nevills. 

I figured Nick was going to have a good day when he beat O'Donnell 9-2. I was hoping to see him get Haddad. 

Edited by TBar1977

Didn't he win a couple state titles in Ohio? Wonder why he wasn't more heavily recruited? Yeah, wonder how it played out. The kid can obviously wrestle because he is the only one to keep it close with Nevills. 

I figured Nick was going to have a good day when he beat NCAA qualifier O'Donnell 9-2. I was hoping to see him get Haddad. 

Some news on Miller:

http://www.news-herald.com/general-news/20130523/high-school-wrestling-perry-state-champ-billy-miller-commits-to-edinboro

http://www.goerie.com/article/20131217/WRESTLING03/312179931/edinboro-lands-3-early-wrestling-recruits

When was O'Donnel a National Qualifier. I kept seeing this posted on the Penn State forum.  I see he took 8th at EIWA's last year but they only took 4 qualifiers.  Im from the Leigh valley and he was a state champ the year before in high school.

When was O'Donnel a National Qualifier. I kept seeing this posted on the Penn State forum.  I see he took 8th at EIWA's last year but they only took 4 qualifiers.  Im from the Leigh valley and he was a state champ the year before in high school.

I have read it on that forum a number of times, and I just assumed it was correct (partly bought it because I know he is a pretty good wrestler), but looking at his bio on Princeton's site I can see that he did not qualify for NCAA's. Still a good wrestler.

tbar would never write something on a forum that wasn't true. maybe you can now see why it is important to only post when you know the information to be true or have verified it. I think enough people know to take your posts with a grain of salt so you can keep doing what you are doing...

It's hilarious that Tbar feels the need to provide the resume for every guy who wrestlers someone from PSU, in an effort to make the most mundane win seem far more impressive than it really is.

So painfully obvious.