Sign in to follow this  
judaspriest

Iowa vs. ISU on Mediacom - how does one watch it out of state?

Guest Reviver

If ISU finally had realistic national title contention hopes again, would this event have made the cut for ESPN coverage?   Or would / could the BTN have kept that from happening?

It looks to me like you can watch the dual on the BTN2Go app tomorrow as long as your area provides the BTN network as part of your cable package.  It just says "TV provider required."  Am I correct?

I'm expecting to watch it. I signed in, clicked on it, and was told the event would start on or around it's projected time.

So the Big Ten has three levels of coverage. 

Big Ten TV, which is part of my "expanded" cable package.

BTN2Go, also free with my expanded cable package.

BTN Plus, requires subscripion and is separate from any cable package (which is not required).

That's my understanding.

Edited by LkwdSteve

I think it is possible they may ask for the user name and password on your Cable TV subscription, but I am guessing on that. I don't think it could be as simple as clicking off a box for VERIZON or TIME WARNER since anyone could do that. 

When I click on "Cox", it does, then, ask for my password.

Thanks to all who replied. Indeed, looks like it should be showing on BTN2GO. I get the same message as LkwdSteve. No way to tell whether it will work when the time comes, but if not, I'll switch to Minny vs. OSU as my backup plan for tonight by paying for BTN+

Thanks to all who replied. Indeed, looks like it should be showing on BTN2GO. I get the same message as LkwdSteve. No way to tell whether it will work when the time comes, but if not, I'll switch to Minny vs. OSU as my backup plan for tonight by paying for BTN+

I have Comcast/Xfinity and will watch Iowa / Iowa State via BTN2GO. I won't spring for the BTN + subscription so if you watch the Gophers please give some updates.

Here is the link I think:

http://www.btn2go.com/schedule?sids=WR

This keeps changing, but for Iowa/ISU you *should* be able to login to an account (Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, AT&T, whatever) that has a paid BTN TV subscription and watch for free.

For OSU/Minnesota, it's on BTNPlus, which is $15 a month for all schools in the conference. 

http://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0

Given that it's 11/29 if you pay the $15 do you get it until 12/29 or does it end in two days?