Sign in to follow this  
The_Education

Askren asks Dake if he's busy

What weight? Askren wrestled 190 at this event against Wright. If it is open weight then Askren would kill them and he knows it. He knows where he is and has said he basically can beat all guys outside of Cael and Varner in a mixed mixed free/folk match. Ruth would be the best most realistic match.

when is flo going to have their first match for this new league? taking to twitter seems odd unless it is just for publicity but you would expect a yes. if the guy running it cant get in contact with people this thing isnt going to get off the ground.

when is flo going to have their first match for this new league? taking to twitter seems odd unless it is just for publicity but you would expect a yes. if the guy running it cant get in contact with people this thing isnt going to get off the ground.

We are talking about a Flo production here.

Askren is a CageFighter guy and Dake just got out of his CageFighter deal...I doubt those two are exactly seeing eye to eye right now.

I'm pretty sure the cagefighter guy is not involved in this, and Flo seems to have a good rapport with Dake (and most other active wrestlers). None of the matches scheduled so far seem interesting to me, but it's great that in Flo's desire to generate content for their subscriber base, money is going directly to athletes training in international styles.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Askren's calling out of Burroughs is conspicuous by it's absence.  I mean, it's probably wise- JB is the worst possible match up for him (Fundora X 10000) but it's still kind of funny.

I'd love to see Askren get some of these matches he's been calling for.   Any of them would be fantastic to see.   I don't know you call out the reigning world bronze medalist prior to working your way there, climbing the ladder.  You beat Burroughs, you have no interesting options left in the USA.   Common sense, really.   

I'd like to see him put it on the line against the following: Dake, Burroughs and Ruth. I hope we've all learned by now NOT to count out Ben on any match up. However, the possibility of him going 0-3 in a case such as this is very real.

I agree with armspin that Ben's silence in regards to requesting a match with Jordan Burroughs is deafening. 

I think he beats Burroughs in a folk/free match at a catch weight. Why not he beat Wright & Herbert. Askren is a much bigger framed guy, not muscle:-) but bigger than Burroughs. Askren walks at 195 he says. He needs to call out his size or bigger like he did Wright. He should call our Cael, Ruth or Varner. If he beats them then he is the best out there from 175-210lbs! Dake, Taylor and Burroughs are a weight class below him naturally.

Edited by PRyan2012

no respected promotion would have an athlete be the matchmaker. this gimmick flow has going is not interesting to me at all.

askren needs it to stay relevant but dake taylor and burroughs dont need it to have wrestling fans interested in them. they are at the biggest and best events while askren is floating around youth tournaments trying to get kids to stick around so they can sell more hotdogs at the concession stand.

askren calls dake out constantly and this time it is hilarious that dake is going to take on the best in the world while askren has set his sights on a guy not even number 1 in the usa. talk about setting your sights low.

i really dont get askren it is like he isnt really making it as a fighter so he has to try to work both wrestling and mma to get by or something

surprised people keep posting this nonsense and take it seriously

Wright and Herbert are scrambly guys that like to roll around, which feeds right into Askren's game.  JB  Askren stands really tall, which suckers people into shooting- a good way to get absolutely trainwrecked by a guy like Burroughs.  I guess in folkstyle Ben has some chance to scramble out of it, but his chances are pretty low.  In freestyle, he'd get teched.

Askren marches to the beat of his own drum, that's for sure.  Could be fighting in the WSOF right now against very good opposition, but is fighting in Asia instead.  Could be wrestling on the senior circuit (albeit maybe at 86) but does these exhibitions instead).  It's not wrong, but it's kind of odd.

Dake would lose this match and he knows it therefore it is not good for Dake's brand. If Freestyle then we have a match. Put folk in it and you will have a result like Wright and Herbert. If MMA I like Askren over all these guys outside of Cormier. Ben has got to roll through and would not make it at 189 here in the US and would get killed at the world level and would be to weak at 163. I really don't like Askren's ways but he is great at what he does. I would love to see him vs Lawler in MMA-hope he gets a chance if he would just apologize and stop running his mouth to Dana White. I would also like to see him against Ruth which would be a guy exactly the same size and #1 at 189. Ruth would actually accept the challenge I think. He knows he can not beat Cael or Varner and so he won't go there at all.

Edited by PRyan2012

Askren destroys Dake and Taylor and probably embarrasses Burroughs.   The above mentioned are freestylers and damn good at it, but Askren is a hybrid folkstyler and he's a lot bigger than them.    He's cleaning Wright's clock adn making Herbert look lost.   Lets get real guys, he dismantles the field at 74 kg from the USA at his style.   

Askren destroys Dake and Taylor and probably embarrasses Burroughs.   The above mentioned are freestylers and damn good at it, but Askren is a hybrid folkstyler and he's a lot bigger than them.    He's cleaning Wright's clock adn making Herbert look lost.   Lets get real guys, he dismantles the field at 74 kg from the USA at his style.

I agree he would destroy them unless he has to cut to 163-then it would be up in the air. Freestyle at 163 All three beat Ben. Folk/Free Hybrid match it would be up in the air at 163. Catch weight like it has been at 190 he could tech or easily beat all of them. I even think he beats Chris P now. He simply needs the #1 guy at his weight which would be Ruth-exact same size. Cael or Varner would give him total bragging rights casue there are O champs and bigger.