Sign in to follow this  
mlbruem

Mizzou vs Ohio State 12/14

WN:  I don't think Tomasello is error prone as much as undersized.  The latter has been his issue in his two losses.  Actually, he wrestled very well against Dance.  Dance is very good.

Agreed. When it comes down to it I believe his short stature will hurt him more than any positioning or errors would. Leverage plays a huge part in being able to overcome positioning errors and Nate just doesnt have that advantage. This is why i believe he has a much better chance at beating guys like Dance and having trouble against guys like Waters and Nashon. He thrives on high pace in your face non stop action. If you can slow him down and put him in scrambling situations he is in trouble. He wrestles with tunnel vision, straight forward. If you can slow him down and create angles, you have a chance.

I absolutely love watching Nate wrestle. I really hope the coaches can teach Nate how to protect a lead. This is D1 Big Ten college, you arent going to tech and major everybody like he did in HS. When you get up by 4+ points against good wrestlers you have to know when to pull back on the throttle a little and make the other guy come after you and make mistakes.

Agreed. When it comes down to it I believe his short stature will hurt him more than any positioning or errors would. Leverage plays a huge part in being able to overcome positioning errors and Nate just doesnt have that advantage. This is why i believe he has a much better chance at beating guys like Dance and having trouble against guys like Waters and Nashon. 

Both guys who put him on his back so far this year are about as short as he is. Just saying.

Dance is prob shorter. Those two matches are a prime example of pulling back on the throttle when you are up with a comfortable lead. He scored easily on those two but didnt wrestle smart and he got himself into vulnerable positions and paid for it. Needs to take a page from Gadsons book. That guy scores first and MAKES you come after him, forcing you to open up a bit and get in bad positions.

He had no trouble scoring on both those guys due in part to their being short as well. I believe he will have trouble with the taller guys when it comes to top tier wrestlers. Guess we will find out tomorrow

Edited by Bucksfan

Two teams that could wind up on the trophy stand...Man, how cool would it be to have a match of this caliber, televised just once in a while on a major network?   I don't see why they can't just throw the working man a bone.  Let us have one dual, or 10 individual matches just once in a while in prime time.  Let a few of us define and edit the "unnecessary" footage.  If there is no way to build a legitimate audience, let us at least find out.   

Dance is prob shorter. Those two matches are a prime example of pulling back on the throttle when you are up with a comfortable lead. He scored easily on those two but didnt wrestle smart and he got himself into vulnerable positions and paid for it. Needs to take a page from Gadsons book. That guy scores first and MAKES you come after him, forcing you to open up a bit and get in bad positions.

He had no trouble scoring on both those guys due in part to their being short as well. I believe he will have trouble with the taller guys when it comes to top tier wrestlers. Guess we will find out tomorrow

Bucksfan--I mostly agree except I don't know how Tomasello protects a lead like Gadson.  Gadson is big, fast and strong.   He has physical attributes that NaTo just doesn't.  I have a lot of faith in Tomasello.  I think he's wrestling guys that can capitalize on mistakes and that's rarely happened prior to this season.  He'll figure it out.  

Two teams that could wind up on the trophy stand...Man, how cool would it be to have a match of this caliber, televised just once in a while on a major network?   I don't see why they can't just throw the working man a bone.  Let us have one dual, or 10 individual matches just once in a while in prime time.  Let a few of us define and edit the "unnecessary" footage.  If there is no way to build a legitimate audience, let us at least find out.

I've been saying this for a long time. I can't imagine a major D1 dual wouldn't draw as large an audience as the national spelling bee, bowling, World Series of poker, billiards or some of the other crap ESPN televises regularly.

Hunter looked like a shell of himself.   Had a taped up elbow and came off the mat limping.  Wonder how much can change from now until March.  

Gotta wonder about the reasoning here. I guess they're off until after the holiday, so there's time for healing, but to come back against a guy like Houdeshelt just doesn't seem smart.