Sign in to follow this  
mlbruem

Mizzou vs Ohio State 12/14

- So why did Mizzou not send out a guy at 141?

- So now maybe Flo will drop Hunter from number 2 at 149, a much undeserved ranking he had to begin with.

- Really stinks I had to read updates instead of being able to watch this match.

- I really believe all these tough matches Tomasello loses is only going to help him come NCAA's. 

I wonder when the last time Hunter Stieber was pinned?  I honestly can't recall, but then again... 

If he was all taped up and hobbling, why send him out?  Not sure about that call... 

Evan Henderson pinned him his freshman year

Weird.  Arena officials said Buckeyes won criteria, but Mizzou twitter feed says they won?  Btw, that was a very poor display of biased reffing.  Mizzou guys were constantly getting hit for stalling when leaving the mat, while tOSU was never dinged at all.  JDJ rode Manley for 4 min parallel, half the time dropping to the legs, and was never even warned.  Even the biased tOSU announcers said JDJ would have been hit for stalling at least twice if that had been the VT match.  The fact that a stalling point may have been the difference is a travesty.  Officiating wasn't bad, just terribly one-sided.  Nonetheless, Buckeyes got it done at 133, 157, and 174.  We really should have won one of those.  Hats off to both teams.  Also, if Hunter had won, I doubt we'd be hearing all this, "he's too injured to be wrestling" crap.  Ryan wouldn't have wrestled him if he wasn't ready.  Pucillo/Herbert was proof of that!

--Hunter looked awful but needed to get on the mat at some point.  Perhaps a butt kicking will get him going.  As a Buckeye fan, I'm used to J. Jaggers wrestling awful but putting it together when it matters.  I expect no less from Hunter.  

--Tomasello appeared as if he might lose by MD.  Instead, he was 30 secs away from tying it up.  He'll figure it out.

--Demas, Martin and DiJulius all looked like solid upperclassmen.  I'm sure Mizzou felt they had a shot in all three of those matchups.  

--Snyder wears you out and pounds you.  Love cheering for him.  

Confusing information on twitter.  Apparently it's now the second tie-breaker loss for tOSU this year, after that 19-18 loss to Virginia Tech last month.  

Not a fan of arbitrary tie-break rules.  Ties in duals are not the end of the world.  I can see it tourneys, though.

--Tomasello appeared as if he might lose by MD.  Instead, he was 30 secs away from tying it up.  He'll figure it out.

I'm not sure about this, at least against the top 5 at the weight.  His game seems pretty one dimensional at this point with not much at all on the mat.  He will definitely pick up bonus points against those he outmatches though, but some of the slicker 125ers may have his number.  He's the type of guy though that can pick up big points on the backside of a bracket at NCAAs.  

OSU crowd boo'd Missouri real loud when Missouri elected to forfeit to Logan Stieber. They also boo'd Missouri real loud when the coach moved cox to HWT rather than having him faced Snyder. The crowd really wanted to see Snyder vs Cox.

The referees initiated that OSU won then reversed it when Missouri protested.