Mizzou vs Ohio State 12/14

Mizzou won by Tiebreaker #4 according to Track

*Tiebreaker criteria 1st takedown 1st match 0 1.00 Team Score: 19 20  

Most Individual Match Wins
Most Falls (Pins & Techs)
Most NON Pin, TF, ID, DQ Match Points
First Takedown

Edited by gromit

Actually it came down to Cox getting riding time. Hopefully the coaches knew (I did!) that Tavs couldn't lose by two.

It looked like they knew that at the time because they were urging him frantically to get out at the end, but seemed to give up once the RT was secured.  Then I think the scoring table made a mistake, which caused all the confusion.  

There needs to be something that keeps track of total points scored so the fans can know in situations like this.  I've never seen a televised dual where the announcers or crowd had any idea what was going on at the end of a tie.  That's Gable and JD Bergman alone this year who have been confused..How is the average fan supposed to keep track?

It looked like they knew that at the time because they were urging him frantically to get out at the end, but seemed to give up once the RT was secured.  Then I think the scoring table made a mistake, which caused all the confusion.  

There needs to be something that keeps track of total points scored so the fans can know in situations like this.  I've never seen a televised dual where the announcers or crowd had any idea what was going on at the end of a tie.  That's Gable and JD Bergman alone this year who have been confused..How is the average fan supposed to keep track?

Trackwrestling has this in its public view. It's one of the drop-downs when you're in an individual dual. One thing I'd recommend to any #2 announcer on a broadcast is when you potentially anticipate it could be going to criteria, tally it out on paper so you have it ready if it comes to it. 

Haha! See my previous post. It doesn't surprise me one bit that the refs called the match for tOSU by applying the criteria incorrectly. Absolutely par for course considering the blatant bias. Too funny!

I'm sure that you applauded the coaches decision to forfeit 141 and move Cox up to HWT?

I've only been following by twitter, but I think tOSU won on total team points, 47 to 46.

Maybe someone else can confirm.

tOSU's twitter feed had Waters winning 10-8, but Mizzou's twitter had the score 11-8.  

Assuming the latter is correct, that means that match points were ties 47 to 47, so Mizzou won on the "first TD" criterion (Waters).

I'm sure that you applauded the coaches decision to forfeit 141 and move Cox up to HWT?

They won the dual didn't they?  May not be the most popular calls, but Smith knows his team better than we do, and they won.  So quit crying.

Whatever combination it takes, Coach Smith seems a good bet to eventually draw a good hand in March.  He deserves a ton of praise.  I always think of him as one of the greatest coaches, with just a touch of bad luck/performance at the big show to keep them in the also ran, yet elite group.  If we don't win it, I'd love to see the "Other Smith" win one.  Really appreciated getting to sit with their fans a while back.  Class, and grit setting all around us.  Good times, with nice folks.  To all my Missouri friends, congrats on a huge victory!

They won the dual didn't they?  May not be the most popular calls, but Smith knows his team better than we do, and they won.  So quit crying.

If it had been Coach Ryan that had moved Cox up a weight (even if he had done so previously), you know what the accusations would have been on this forum.

Forfeiting to Logan at home his senior season is really a bad move for our sport.  I'm sure Coach Smith has his reasons but there were probably fans on hand who showed up strictly to watch the best wrestler in the country.  Hayes is a quality wrestler and presumably healthy.  Why not put him on the mat?  

Forfeiting to Logan at home his senior season is really a bad move for our sport. I'm sure Coach Smith has his reasons but there were probably fans on hand who showed up strictly to watch the best wrestler in the country. Hayes is a quality wrestler and presumably healthy. Why not put him on the mat?

when Missouri elected to forfeit the 141 match, the crowd went nuts. They also were very mad when Cox did not wrestle Snyder. Some of them drove hours just to see Stieber and Cox-Snyder matches. Wow. Can't blame them. Edited by Buckeye4u

when Missouri elected to forfeit the 141 match, the crowd went nuts. They also were very mad when Cox did not wrestle Snyder. Some of them drove hours just to see Stieber and Cox-Snyder matches. Wow. Can't blame them.

Anyone who has been following Missouri's situation at all could have predicted this was going to happen. So yes, you can blame them.

Edited by BigRedMachine

Anyone who has been following Missouri's situation at all could have predicted this was going to happen. So yes, you can blame them.

Yeah? The public doesn't know Missouri. Not good because the wrestling sport need more fans. When the fans who drove all the way only to find the different match, How does it reflect on wrestling sport? No, they are not at blame. They came because they want to see the match.

The more the fans come, the better this sport become.