Sign in to follow this  
mlbruem

Mizzou vs Ohio State 12/14

I don't think college football would be as successful if all the top teams who know they have the talent to qualify at a conference tournament to make it to the national tournament decided to play their starters for 1/2 the game as tune-up, but to also not get burned out. So what if they end the season with a losing record. Their fresh, injury free, and they have the talent to win it all.

It's similar, but there are a lot more matches in wrestling. The only thing duals do is seed you better at your conference tournament, which may give you a better chance to qualify for the NCAAs...and they help with wildcard bids and NCAA seeding. If a wrestler misses two duals out of 40 matches, it's not a big deal. If a football team loses two games, it strongly affects their bowl bids and conference placement as a team.

Plus, football championships are won at the team level. Wrestling has both individual and team championships. So if a team doesn't have a great chance at a title, they focus on the best ways to earn each wrestler the best chance at succeeding individually.

Apples and Oranges...

Edited by The_MO_Godfather

Dang dude, I knew he missed weight like 6 hours before you posted this, but no one knew that last night - which is when I posted about him possibly having a medical reason to not wrestle, something which the irony of Stieber fans not considering was lost on you.

The crowd knew that Missouri 141 was supposed to wrestle as he is already there healthy. It wasn't the medical reason at all. It was a overweight problem with no backup ready. If you already knew of overweight problem and did not report it, what makes you ? Hypocrite ?

Dang dude calm down. I know he didnt make weight because Logan told it to me to my face. He was right there when he stepped on the scale. 143 is what he weighed. Believe what you want. Go ahead, call Logan Stieber a liar. That guy could sneeze in your direction and dislocate your puny shoulder sockets.

Dang dude, I knew he missed weight like 6 hours before you posted this, but no one knew that last night - which is when I posted about him possibly having a medical reason to not wrestle, something which the irony of Stieber fans not considering was lost on you.

Long thread for a little inconsequential non-conference dual.

#5 vs #7?  That's kind of a big dual.  11 of the 20 competitors have top 10 rankings, six of the matches pitted 2 ranked wrestlers, and I count no less than 5 wrestlers who have legit shots at standing on top of the podium in March.  Conference or non-conf., this was a big dual.

Edited by KCMO2

#5 vs #7? That's kind of a big dual. 11 of the 20 competitors have top 10 rankings, six of the matches pitted 2 ranked wrestlers, and I count no less than 5 wrestlers who have legit shots at standing on top of the podium in March. Conference or non-conf., this was a big dual.

that I agree with. I think that dual need to have better publicity. I don't think the general public were aware of how good the Missouri is. Missouri should have been invited by Big Ten, not SEC, IMO. I still couldn't believe that Big Ten didn't take Missouri.

that I agree with. I think that dual need to have better publicity. I don't think the general public were aware of how good the Missouri is. Missouri should have been invited by Big Ten, not SEC, IMO. I still couldn't believe that Big Ten didn't take Missouri.

The money maker (football) I'm sure preferred the SEC over the Big 10.  Did Missouri make a bid to go to the Big 10 before the SEC?  I didn't really pay a lot of attention when that all went down...

if i remember correctly the governor of Missouri made a public request for Mizzou to be picked up by the B1G. Middle America was no longer in the Delaney expansion plans, however, as he had his eyes set on the lucrative east coast cable subscription markets. i think it all pretty much worked out for everyone in the end. 

except for UConn and the rest of the Big America teams with power 5 aspirations that is. 

I think that Mizzou is happy in the MAC & the MAC is happy with them - do not see a change in the future. Mac tournament is in Colunbia,MO this year hopefully it will draw well which will keep the Mizzou administration satisfied with the current arrangement.

Forfeits are a huge problem  - Coaches say they want you at the meets - then they act like they could care less about the fans -

all of a sudden its well the only thing that matters is March - if you want attendance a fan has to be able to count on seeing quality -

you get everything together to attend and then boom the coach pulls the starters or worse just forfeits. You have to be a diehard to put up with the nonsense and it is even tough for us diehards.