Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerlock3

Embarrassing Beating of the Weak

A couple things:1. Not positive, but I thought I heard Molinaro saying, "Take down" from the Rutgers corner.

2. Goodale looked very concerned for his wrestler when Mason was motionless on the mat.

3. Mason is very talented but looks like he has lost the "will". Some of us that have wrestled for along period of time can understand how tough it is to wrestle when you really don't like it anymore. In my opinion, Mason doesn't like the sport much anymore.

That was bad, real tough to watch considering how good Mason is. Runner-up match would be Daryl Thomas over Garret Frey from Princeton. Teched him 24-8 and broke his will early in the match. I believe Frey is a multiple NQ. While embarrassing for Frey, Thomas sure looked great in his matches. I remember watching him in a dual last year and couldn't believe he was not nationally recognized. I guess he didn't end up very well last year but I'd be surprised if he didn't all-american this year. He NEVER stops. Can't hurt to be between Delgado and Futrell either.

What do you expect from Goodale? He knows the kid wasn't hurt just had some "heart" issues. It's tough to watch Mason like this. While he hasn't impressed in college overall, he won everything there was to win in HS. You can blame it on RU but he didn't do much at MN either. Ok st was the place for him. This is his last year. He seems to just be burnt out. Where's Buxton when you need him? This kid was BLUE CHIP.

Why would a bunch of men old enough to know better, post such a negative topic, pointed at an individual? Why not post about Vinson being dominate and talk about his style and rise to the top? Any boy wrestling D1 or any level for that matter is a warrior and especially these days a student. I get it and never wrestled a day in my life, most posters i assume wrestled and should get it! Call them out if warranted, but gheez.

Why would a bunch of men old enough to know better, post such a negative topic, pointed at an individual? Why not post about Vinson being dominate and talk about his style and rise to the top? Any boy wrestling D1 or any level for that matter is a warrior and especially these days a student. I get it and never wrestled a day in my life, most posters i assume wrestled and should get it! Call them out if warranted, but gheez.

sometimes i think some of the best people in our sport are the ones that have never wrestled. most wrestlers dont want to hear it and push non wrestlers out of the sport. every other sport thrives with fans that never were in the sport we need more non wrestlers that dont have the meat head mentality. not all wrestlers are meat heads but we have a lot of them.

Guest Hammerlock3

The pussification of America

There's a reason why when Maury was doing episodes of people donating time and money to underpriviledged kids who had either been born with defect or had one caused by an accident, he was in jeopardy of losing his show and now that he does, "Who my baby daddy?" episodes he owns talk time. Beautiful reflection of our society is it not?

Are you sure Mason wasn't injured? It looked like he wrenched his neck on the rollover to the tilt. You can see him rotating his neck and trying to shake out off a few times later in the match.

Also not to change the subject, but a couple of rule questions regarding this match:

1. When Mason jumps backwards off the whistle from neutral, is that supposed to be an automatic stalling call? For example: @ 0:30 and 0:58 in the video. I thought I read a posting here about a revision to the stalling rules some time ago that made "retreating" like that off the whistle a stalling violation.

2. Why is it not considered clasping when Vinson (riding on top) locks his hands from under the nearside arm and around the farside of Mason's neck? I noticed that the Flo commentator called it a "Side Headlock", but I thought that was only legal if you took the opponent's wrist. And it didn't really look like back points were imminent.

You see it best @ 8:38 and 9:14 in the clip, but he also does it at 1:56, 2:06, 5:23, 6:57, 7:25, and 8:16. I was expecting a penalty, but I guess I might not be understanding the rule correctly.

Sorry for the stupid questions! Just trying to get the rules straight in my head! :oops: