So as I alluded to in my post yesterday the 2014 Youth Olympic Games this year in Nanjing has been my introduction to amateur wrestling both of the Freestyle and Greco-Roman variety. I am watching this Greco-Roman qualifying Round Robin style tournament to see who will be competing in what place. An Armenian wrestler by the name of Zaven Mikaelyan absolutely dominated this tournament with three straight victories giving him an opportunity at the Gold medal which I hope to watch afterwards. His power game is unreal as he rag dolled a wrestler from the Dominican Republic in his first bout and would demonstrate his power again in the second bout. His third bout was my personal favorite thus far as I believe I really saw his technical acumen come to the forefront. He is just such an exciting wrestler to watch and I tried to find more video of him on Youtube but there were absolutely no results whatsoever which is disheartening. I can see this young man representing Argentina in the regular Olympics and taking home gold for them. Just a great athlete all around from my vantage point. Check him out in the Greco-Roman qualifiers:

Match 1: 22:57

Match 2: 1:14:50

Match 3: 2:05:52

Edited by MatWrestlingNeophyte