Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

11 Big Ten teams in the top-25

7-0 and #23 Rutgers will now be bolstered by addition of 2012 Round of 12 and Ohio State transfer Andrew Campolattano @197lbs and top 10 285lber Billy Smith. They have a pretty good team in their 1st year as a B1G member. Wasn't long ago the program was ready to be dropped. They will open the B1G January 2nd against #1 Iowa and then wrestle in next 30 days:

@ Illinois

Minnesota

Penn State-

@Maryland

@Nebraska

Ohio State

Just amazed of the turn around of the Program. Pretty exciting times and there will definitely be some ups and down in January. Rutgers also will start zero Seniors and have some very good RS.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

Agree on Rutgers...nice program, nice addition to the Big 10. They should compete well against the middle of the conference.

Ashnault is a stud. Theobold, Bakuckas, Campolattano, and Smith are all tough guys.

Don't forget Perrotti. AA last year

Eleven teams from one conference is impressive.

After reading this thread title, I looked into the Big Ten Network.I was in awe to find that there are not more duals listed on the live telecast. Does anyone know why that would be?

they get better ratings showing talking heads in a studio discussing basketball?

they get better ratings showing talking heads in a studio discussing basketball?

Drives me crazy when I tune in for, or record, a scheduled match and I find guys in the studio talking about other sports instead.  Happens quite often.  

Edited by ironmonkey

Eleven teams from one conference is impressive.

After reading this thread title, I looked into the Big Ten Network.I was in awe to find that there are not more duals listed on the live telecast. Does anyone know why that would be?

Because the teams are not named Woody or Bo.

Well, they covered the match tonight between two ranked teams and there were 3 forfeits!  It is hard to question the amount of coverage when the teams themselves don't think dual matches are important.  I am sure some fans tuned in wanting to see both Ness and Storely and were disappointed.  I was!