Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

B1G TV Schedule

Has this been posted already?

http://btn.com/about/olympic-sports-on-tv/

From Gophersports.com:

"Nov. 27, 2012

The Big Ten Network has announced its plans for broadcasting during the 2012-13 season. For the Gophers, the television schedule includes a Monday night meet live in primetime; a Saturday showdown between Minnesota and Iowa, and live coverage of the Big Ten Wrestling Championships. All other home duals with be streamed live through Gopher All-Access and will be available by subscription.

Additionally, a record number 44 matches will be streamed live online on the Big Ten Digital Network (BTDN), including six meets on Minnesota’s lineup. A large number of those streamed will also be televised on delay via Student U. The rest of the duals on Minnesota’s schedule will be available for viewing through Gopher All-Access.

The first opportunity to watch the Maroon and Gold on the network will be when the Gophers are showcased on the first Monday night primetime live showing on Jan. 21. The team welcomes Illinois to the Sports Pavilion at 7:30 p.m. Minnesota’s second appearance on the network comes during the rivalry dual against Iowa on Saturday, Jan. 26. The Gophers host the Hawkeyes in the historic Williams Arena at 3:00 p.m. CT.

The network will also dedicate a large time slot to the Big Ten Championship meet on March 10. This year, the Fighting Illini will play host for the competition that is scheduled to being action at 1:30 p.m. CT.

Throughout the season, go to the BTN/BTN2Go/BTDN Olympic Sports TV schedule page for the most up-to-date information on the BTN and BTDN wrestling schedules."

I'm confused by this BTN, BTN2GO and BTDN stuff. Seems to me that they will be presenting less wrestling on TV on the Big Ten Network, and more over the internet via the BTN2GO and BTDN. I don't understand the difference between the BTN2GO and the BTDN.

How is a guy whose VCR flashed 12:00 supposed to keep up with all this stuff?!

I'm confused by this BTN, BTN2GO and BTDN stuff. Seems to me that they will be presenting less wrestling on TV on the Big Ten Network, and more over the internet via the BTN2GO and BTDN. I don't understand the difference between the BTN2GO and the BTDN.

BTN and BTN2GO are basically the same thing. BTN is Big Ten Network, and represents shows that are broadcast on the BTN. BTN2GO is a means to watch BTN shows on your phone or computer. To use this, you have to have BTN as part of your cable TV service, and then download the BTN2GO app. Shows broadcast on the BTN feature BTN broadcast teams.

BTDN involves the streaming of competitions for viewing on your computer. Competitions shown on BTDN are not shown on BTN (and thus not available via BTN2GO). They do not feature BTN broadcast teams, and usually the broadcasters are students majoring in communications, that rarely know anything about the sport of wrestling.

I hope that helps.

BTN and BTN2GO are basically the same thing. BTN is Big Ten Network, and represents shows that are broadcast on the BTN. BTN2GO is a means to watch BTN shows on your phone or computer. To use this, you have to have BTN as part of your cable TV service, and then download the BTN2GO app. Shows broadcast on the BTN feature BTN broadcast teams.

BTDN involves the streaming of competitions for viewing on your computer. Competitions shown on BTDN are not shown on BTN (and thus not available via BTN2GO). They do not feature BTN broadcast teams, and usually the broadcasters are students majoring in communications, that rarely know anything about the sport of wrestling.

I hope that helps.

I hope that helps.

This is not quite right. Although BTDN is streaming for computer viewing, many of these matches are delayed broadcast on BTN.

Last year the full schedule was released on Nov. 1, so any day now.