Sign in to follow this  
sansbarksdale

Why no Marsteller at Reno?

Actually, the way it reads, he is saying there were 6 better wrestlers at the same high school!

This was supposedly true, but none of the six decided to wrestle.  3 played basketball, 2 were on the swim team, and the other was in band. That allowed Marstellar to be the starter.

is he gonna get entered at the scuffle?

True freshmen Gary Wayne Harding (133) and Chandler Rogers (165) are the No. 12 seeds of their brackets. Rogers will compete unattached, while Harding will burn his redshirt this week.

Also competing for the Cowboys is Brian Crutchmer (133), Davey Dolan (149), Chris Koo (157), Austin Schafer and Luke Bean (197). Wrestling unattached, in addition to Rogers, is Chance Marsteller.

I don't understand the torching of Harding's redshirt. He's a strong wrestler, yes, but let's face it, Oklahoma State is not winning a national title this year. Jordan Oliver is not walking through that door. Chris Perry is not walking through that door. Oklahoma State is not winning a team title this year.

Burning a redshirt isn't always about winning NCAAs. If Harding represents something culturally(toughness, winning close matches training habits) that Smith wants to push thats as good a reason as any to put him in the limelight.

Plus some teams make it a point to put their best team on the mat every year, this attitude that if you aren't gonna win NCAAs you should automatically take your football and go home is kinda pathetic. 

........... But I sure am still interested in why CM wasn't at the tourney. Even if they won't tell us.

Well since this thread is for some reason still active, J Smith hasn't come on here to explain, and an answer is needed "even if they won't tell us" here's an answer:

Marsteller was on his way to the Greyhound station for travel to Reno when he decided to drive thru Whataburger for the #5: BACON & CHEESE WHATABURGER®, the line was moving really slow (a few football players already in line) and he fell asleep. We all know the rest of the story, he missed the bus. ã€â€¢ã€‘_【•】

Edited by ionel

I guess Whataburger was the fix.  He just stuck the 6th seed England from Missouri.  My gut feeling is that 157 was just too much of a pull for him.

Oklahoma State has such a logjam at 165 with Marstellar, Jordan Rogers, and Dieringer.  I wonder if Dieringer can go up next year and Marstellar could wrestle 165 next year?

174 opens up big time, if Dieringer runs the table that might be a plan.

Is Dieringer a big 165?

If Dieringer does not move to 174 next year, I wonder if Marstellar would consider transferring so he can wrestle 165 somewhere else. Would be ironic if he found his way back to PSU!