Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

USA Today Dual Rankings: Bucknell into the Top-25

I think a better question to ask yourself would be "Why in the hell is Penn State still getting a first place vote?" And Northwestern almost beat Minnesota while forfeiting 2 weights so yes I think Virginia Tech or Missouri could bet some of the top 4 teams on any given night.  

I think Iowa would be the hardest to knock off with how solid they are up and down the lineup. But given the right match up and a bad performance they could be beat by a team like Virginia Tech or Missouri. 

Edited by OtisCampbell

I think you'll see a big jump from #23 Rutgers soon...They went 9-0 in 1st semester without Round of 12 197lber Campolattano and top 10 285lber Smith...I don't think any team in USA will have as tough a Dual meet schedule coming the New Year...In New Year they will wrestle:

Iowa

Minnesota

Penn State

Illinois

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Northwestern

Their record will no doubt take some hits but this is a good dual meet team. Great thing is everyone in line-up return next season!

as for Penn St still getting a #1 vote, while it seems to be the consenus on the forums that they are not the best dual team this year, they are undefeated and among their 6 wins are victories over teams currently ranked 6, 9, 11.  

I think you'll see a big jump from #23 Rutgers soon...They went 9-0 in 1st semester without Round of 12 197lber Campolattano and top 10 285lber Smith...I don't think any team in USA will have as tough a Dual meet schedule coming the New Year...In New Year they will wrestle:

Iowa

Minnesota

Penn State

Illinois

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Northwestern

Their record will no doubt take some hits but this is a good dual meet team. Great thing is everyone in line-up return next season!

I agree but when you are looking to promote college duals, how can you not wrestle against Rider? Battle of the New Jersey Squads!

Billy,

Just supposing for a moment the vote, in fact, came from the same coach that you so admire then what would your thoughts be?

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

I think a better question to ask yourself would be "Why in the hell is Penn State still getting a first place vote?" And Northwestern almost beat Minnesota while forfeiting 2 weights so yes I think Virginia Tech or Missouri could bet some of the top 4 teams on any given night.  

I think Iowa would be the hardest to knock off with how solid they are up and down the lineup. But given the right match up and a bad performance they could be beat by a team like Virginia Tech or Missouri. 

I think a better question to ask yourself would be "Why in the hell is Penn State still getting a first place vote?"

If every coach like you-know-who voted for his own team it would make a complete mockery of the Coaches poll.