Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Schultz / Yarygin

Checked out the Yarygin schedule, and pretty sure Krasnoyarsk is 12 hours ahead of NYC. Anyway, looks like:

Fri. Jan 23: 57kg & 74kg 10am start, finals at 6:45pm Krasnoyarsk time

Sat. Jan 24: 61kg, 65kg , & 70kg 10am start, finals at 6:30pm Kras time

Sun. Jan 25: 86kg, 97kg, & 125kg 10am start, finals at 3:30pm Kras time

Really hope it's streamed live here in the USA somewhere. Some of our biggest names are going to one of the toughest tournaments in the world.

Edited by 2td3nf

The streaming is always brutal.

Yeah, someone posted a live stream link last year, and if I remember correctly, there was no audio or mat assignments of wrestlers on the screen. So you pretty much had to identify the wrestlers on your own.  

Really wish there was a nice webcast for this top notch tournament. Especially this year with the American talent that's going.

Dave Schultz

Chris Campbell

Tom Brands

Kendall Cross

Lincoln Mac

Kurt Angle

Joe Williams

Daniel Cormier

Stephen Mocco

Don't recall anyone winning it twice. 

I see Dlagnev winning it this year. 

Very impressive list. No John Smith or Cael or Mark Schultz? No Burroughs. Didnt know Cormier won it. I remember Gatsalov beating him 3-0 there one year.

Edited by PRyan2012

JB has never gone to Yarygin. Not sure why but if I had to guess, he probably isn't in tip top shape this time of year. He's slways been a guy who peaks for big events and is noticeably less sharp earlier in the year. The Yarygin isn't something you can win at half speed, not even for Burroughs.

According to my sources (posts on Facebook) Sadullaev isn't wrestling. Otarsultanov is, at 61.

I'm not sure, but I don't think they have the Tblisi any more. Stan had some good stories of that tournament in years past.

OK, now my question: Anyone know if there's a live stream of the Yarygin this weekend? If so, I'm taking off of work Friday to follow Dake, Howe, Ramos and McDonough on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Will it be the same stream as last year? Anyone in the know? Please?

No.  I believe the last tournament was in 1988.  In 1989, Tbilisi suffered a tragedy when Soviet troops dispersed an anti Soviet rally where at least 20 people died. 

Didn't the massive earthquake, that brought Gorbachav home prematurely from a US visit, have a lot to do with the cancellation?