Sign in to follow this  
Bucksfan

Iowa vs tOSU 1/4/15

Under what seeding criteria do you see BoJo having an advantage over Sulzer?

If he wins out, one would think Sulzer would get the two seed, but I'm not sure how much weight "impressiveness" of wins carry. That said, Sulzer HAS been impressive himself, except for the match against the top seed.

"Whats the debate?"

These comments were being debated:

"Snyder looked like he was going to pass out if he tried to ride Burak anymore."

"Snyder looked gassed after trying to ride Burak so hard."
"My money was on Burak if they went into overtime with the look on Snyder's face."

You answer of "not tired" is noted for the poll.

If he wins out, one would think Sulzer would get the two seed, but I'm not sure how much weight "impressiveness" of wins carry. That said, Sulzer HAS been impressive himself, except for the match against the top seed.

Impressiveness should have no weight. It's either a win or a loss. I do think it factors in psychologically, though when it's a very close call without a clear right answer.

Under what seeding criteria do you see BoJo having an advantage over Sulzer?

The same criteria that had 4 wrestlers above Kyven Gadsen last year. I do not intend that be a snarky answer, but that seeding raised a lot of eyebrows if you'll recall. He was seeded behind 3 Big10 wrestl;ers, two of whom had more losses than he had. 

I don't think there is any hard and set rule for seeding, regardless of what they say. These things get hotly debated and it ends up being whatever they end up saying it is, and then people gripe about it. 

Edited by TBar1977

Relativism/imperfection is not an argument. 

Not worth arguing, but relativism is as good a measure for what they'll do in any year as anything else given what we have seen in the past. But if you must, here is another point of view. Assume both of them win out, here are the ranked wrestlers the two of them will have wins over.

Sulzer - Taylor Walsh, Nick Moore (presumably at Nat Duals), Austin Wilson, Chandler Smith, and Rohskopf. The way things are going maybe only Taylor Walsh looks like he would be in the top 10. Maybe, maybe not, Nick Moore.

BoJo has already beaten Taylor Massa and Nick Moore, and he majored Peyton Walsh. He gets Taylor Walsh, Taylor Massa again. He could potentially get Palacio at nat Duals. Then if he wins Big10's over a field that inclufes Harger, Taylor Walsh, Isaac Jordan, Nick Moore and the other 4 ranked wrestlers at 165 that are in the Big10 and he remains unbeaten, I think the seeding committee would have enough to place him 2nd. If not then 3rd and it ends up being the same thing. No biggie. 

Edited by TBar1977