Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

What's the one move you could you never pull off?

Simple outside cradle. I think my arms were too short. Or maybe I enjoyed the mean crossface so much I never completed the crade. :)

Shuck ... I was a TALL (5"-6") 112lb'r in HS , and had "long ass" arms!! I was a cradling fool !!!!:shock:

Nearside, Farside, Standup ...... 7 days a week!

And to the previous comments about HS Heavy's !!! LOL. He who falls first, get's pinned. :o

Love the topic as I always wondered why I just couldn't make my body do cerain simple basic moves that others found easy.

And other moves came so naturally (including the Granby!).

Probably the one that frustrated me the most was a double leg. I don't think I ever got one, even in practice.

DA

Love the topic as I always wondered why I just couldn't make my body do cerain simple basic moves that others found easy.

And other moves came so naturally (including the Granby!).

Probably the one that frustrated me the most was a double leg. I don't think I ever got one, even in practice.

DA

More like a quick standup to an immediate sort of switch using the back of my arm /tricep elbow area to catch the back of their neck/upperback and drive their nose into the mat , if they reacted slowly sometimes i caught their nearside ankle with my outside hand using it to lever them forward . Never was turned with the legs .

In the photo you posted , I have mixed emotions about that counter. Hard to say if it was a deliberate attempt to break the ankle , as you know in the heat of battle things happen quickly . Sort of reminds me of when Dubuque was going to tear Simmons knee off when he attempted his patented leach on and go for the front head and arm choke when his opponents would shoot a TD . I remember Simmons crying out ...hard to have any empathy for Simmons as I witnessed him many times using his tactics and questioning his injured opponents /couldnt breathe will. Dubuque pretty much dished it back .

In high school I should have never tried to wrestle like my friend and neighbor. We were the same weight for the most part but he was shorter at 5'7 and I reached 5'11 in 10th grade. I should have stuck with front headlocks to spin arounds, duck unders, and perhaps short carries or knee taps. Instead I wanted to learn all his throws and various "hero moves" to take people straight to the back. I learned to ride legs pretty well senior year but by then it was too late. Other things I should have stuck with was cradles, cradles and more cradles. My long ape arms were perfect for them!