Sign in to follow this  
LImartin

Austin, Texas.

DeLoss Dodds the Texas AD has publicly stated they will not add wrestling. Wayne Wells told me that he had a friend whose client offered about $50 million to fund a men's hockey team. Dodds told him that will create problems not solve them, call md when you want to fund a woman's sport.

I think TCU is the best candidate now that is in the Big 12, it is Ft.Worth so it has proximity to the better Texas hs wrestling programs and is about 100 miles south of the Oklahoma border.

Deloss Dodd may be on the way out. The Texas alumni are getting a little upset at how the sports teams are doing. Football lost 4 games and were pretty close to losing three more. basketball team just lost to Chaminade.

Brown and Dodd may be on the ropes, but I doubt varsity wrestling will ever happen at UT.

I did notice that Texas had a club team compete at the OCU open this year and they won a few matches.

I like the idea of TCU having a wrestling program.

SHP, quick on uptake there bud. Please take a look at Codey Combs, ASU FR. 157 at CK this weekend if you have time. I'm hoping he gets a decent draw. DE. 4Xer and a very good long friend to us. Club team and SC HS. So far he is off to a good start but untested. I'm hoping he gets to wrestle a few matches. Should turn into a pretty good D1 wrestler. I think he can make it to NCAAs. Hopefully he gets to Pena or Ivanon so I can get a read.Appreciate your feedback. Would appreciate getting it on my email, unless it is great news. Hope you enjoy the event. Might see you at Hampton coliseum. Trying to free up the time now.