Sign in to follow this  
closer617

Will we ever see another undefeated 4x champ

I doubt it. If I had to choose any wrestler currently wrestling with the best shot (including high school) I'd go with Spencer Lee. He is so dominating and did it on a world level. I can't see BoJo beating Dieringer. Pico would have been a possibility but obviously he isn't going to college. 

People were saying that about Bo Jordan?  

bojo hasn't lost yet. if he majors the iowa guy...whats his name??    the talk will start all over again and then they will fear him.....(GODFATHER)....i couldn't  help myself...lol

Lets take a look, obviously now no one currently starting in D1 is eligable (Bo Jordan I guess has a shot since he hasn't lost). Of the current redshirts the only ones worth talking about are Marstellar, Brill, Nolf, Nevills, Nickal and Micah Jordan. None of them have a shot in my mind. Now lets looks at current high school kids. No graduating senior this upcoming year is good enough. Best kid's are probably the Valencia brothers and I don't see it. Only 2 kids I think would even be worth talking about would be Mark Hall and Spencer Lee. Mark Hall I think will be at an upper weight which will make it much more difficult. Spencer Lee however could come in at 125/133. I'd give him the best shot, but like Alwayswrestling said, easiest answer is no. 

Lets take a look, obviously now no one currently starting in D1 is eligable (Bo Jordan I guess has a shot since he hasn't lost). Of the current redshirts the only ones worth talking about are Marstellar, Brill, Nolf, Nevills, Nickal and Micah Jordan. None of them have a shot in my mind. Now lets looks at current high school kids. No graduating senior this upcoming year is good enough. Best kid's are probably the Valencia brothers and I don't see it. Only 2 kids I think would even be worth talking about would be Mark Hall and Spencer Lee. Mark Hall I think will be at an upper weight which will make it much more difficult. Spencer Lee however could come in at 125/133. I'd give him the best shot, but like Alwayswrestling said, easiest answer is no. 

best quote of the day.......will spencer lee even go to college.

bojo hasn't lost yet. if he majors the iowa guy...whats his name??    the talk will start all over again and then they will fear him.....(GODFATHER)....i couldn't  help myself...lol

BoJo barely beats Massa and now he going to go undefeated? For four years, no less.

Not credible.

Maybe a better question would be who might go undefeated this year as conference competition heats up.

The post mentioning all three of Nolf, Micah Jordan and Brill illustrates the problem, they all will wrestle each other many, many times. No one can run that table all the way out.

Spencer Lee is the only guy that could do it. He is that good. But still a very tall order to be perfect. 

The post mentioning all three of Nolf, Micah Jordan and Brill illustrates the problem, they all will wrestle each other many, many times. No one can run that table all the way out.

Spencer Lee is the only guy that could do it. He is that good. But still a very tall order to be perfect. 

Isaiah Martinez is still in the mix being undefeated and at 157. Then throw in Ian Miller being around for another year and whoever moves up for Iowa from 149. Will Nolf be able to be a freshman All American may be a better question:) 

Edited by OtisCampbell

Spencer Lee is on another level. However, the thing that really sets him apart is his work on top. There is no one in high school now that can match him wrestling on the mat. While he is very good in neutral, it has been proven he can be taken down. I have yet to see a person however stop him from turning them at least once. 

All of that said, that changes when he gets to college. Every elite college wrestler is good on the mat. The advantage that he has now will not be as great when he gets to college, unless of course he can come directly in with a top game equal to Logan Steiber (guy who he most reminds me of). That is extremely unfair to ask of a college freshman. Overall I think there are too many elite kids these days that running the table will be nearly impossible for anyone. 

Fairly straight forward question... take top 3 P4P guys as ranked by and assess if they've got the tools to do it.

Mark Hall:  Probably a 174/184 right off the bat in college (IF he goes to college).  Very tough road ahead of him.  I expect a few losses as he learns the next level of competitive wrestling.  HOWEVER, if there's a potential 4x'er, he's in the cursory discussion.

Spencer Lee:  Probably a 125/133 by the time he makes it to the next level (unless he has a DT growth spurt).  These weight classes will be LOADED as well (see Tomasello, Micic, etc.).  Undefeated... nah... 4x Champ?  Probably not... Multiple AA and Multi-Time champ?  Probably.

Zahid Valencia:  At this rate, will be 184/197, and possibly HWT at the end.  If he's will Mark Hall at any time, Zahid will have issues.  Keep in mind that Snyder is in this zone, as well as a few other studs around that age/weight.  Undefeated?  nope..  4x champ... nope.  Multi-AA... yes.

Isaiah Martinez is still in the mix being undefeated and at 157. Then throw in Ian Miller being around for another year and whoever moves up for Iowa from 149. Will Nolf be able to be a freshman All American may be a better question:) 

Aren't you one of the guys clamoring for his redshirt to come off because he could AA this year? Make up your mind already. 

Pico is not going to college.  Just say no to education.

Difficult to say he will not go to college when he already has it paid for and is part of his plan.   With that said, I'm not sure he needs much college at all given the education he's getting and network he's developing traveling the world.    Personally, I'd like ot see him take some business courses but the degree I can't see him needing any time soon.