Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

197 Pounds

Lax..I knew Mac took 7th last year.  I was simply stating that he would have AAed both years andI will add that if he were at 184 for 4 years he would be a 4X  AA with 1/2 Titles!

He wouldnt have won any titles at 84 unless he beat Ruth to start...which he never would have...

He wouldnt have won any titles at 84 unless he beat Ruth to start...which he never would have...

I think he was implying that he would be a title threat at this point in his career (with no Ruth to contend with). I don't think it's a stretch to think he could be in the mix at 184 this season if he was able to make that weight and compete.

Cox bumped up to HWT and won.  There was talk of him bumping up for the season and finishing somewhere in the 3-8 range at the NCAAs @ HWT.  Where would MM finish at HWT?  It isn't really a fair comparison.  Cox is like a HWT coming down to 197, while it appears MM is not.  

Discuss?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cox was able to win at HVY (assuming he appropriately trained to wrestle the season at that weight). I think he's technically superior to everyone there and has the physical gifts to back up his technique. 

Seriously?

you guys should not sleep on Snyder if you recall last year cox had some  uncharacteristic loses at the beginning of the year and none of you would have given Heflin a chance in a million years to win a title

you guys should not sleep on Snyder if you recall last year cox had some  uncharacteristic loses at the beginning of the year and none of you would have given Heflin a chance in a million years to win a title

No offense to Heflin but he kinda grabbed lightning in a bottle last season. I didn't expect that from watching him in prior seasons.

Mac's never done it for me, and I'm a huge PSU fan. He's a nice guy to have in your lineup but never a centerpiece. Obviously we've been a little spoiled ;-)

Cox just sets the standard...

Cox bumped up to HWT and won.  There was talk of him bumping up for the season and finishing somewhere in the 3-8 range at the NCAAs @ HWT.  Where would MM finish at HWT?  It isn't really a fair comparison.  Cox is like a HWT coming down to 197, while it appears MM is not.  

Cox is a true 197 pounder.  He could wrestle hwt, but he'd be undersized.  He looks small next to Marsden.

e163b3d177ff0062002b73e88e63a9bd.jpg?ito

Cox is a true 197 pounder. He could wrestle hwt, but he'd be undersized. He looks small next to Marsden.

e163b3d177ff0062002b73e88e63a9bd.jpg?ito

If you look at that picture Green has much wider shoulders than Cox....crazy. The 165, 174, 184, 197 are all about the same height.

Edited by VQLSWAIN