Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Nittany Lion Open

here is the lost video of the George and Brown altercation. Really ugly and unsportsmanlike. Cornell and George should have received more penalties.

did Koll slap George to the back of the head????
Koll grabbed the back of his neck quite hard, but the ref at the same time motioned for the DQ with the red band at the same time giving the illusion of a big slap in the back of the head.

I hadn't seen that video but if I were a coach he'd be off my team that very moment and I'd have the school Dean take a look at the video. The kid can't go through life with a temper like that. It will get him in big trouble. Lehigh's Brown was winning the match at that point, and I'm sure George gets it handed to him day in and day out with a smaller Dake. It must be frustrating for him always taking it from behind all the time.

Look, George made an idiot mistake.

No need to get ridiculous on the kid.

It isn't like anyone that went to PSU hasn't ever embarrassed their program during a championship season. Not that Long ago either.

You really feel the need to attack Penn State when it has nothing to do with them? Brilliant

It isn't like anyone that went to PSU hasn't ever embarrassed their program during a championship season. Not that Long ago either.

You really feel the need to attack Penn State when it has nothing to do with them? Brilliant

Those long time PSU wrestling fans might remember an excellent PSU wrestler by the name of Bill Bertran who threw a punch during a match and Rob's dad had the guts to toss him from the team. Too bad Rob couldn't do the same!

Like EVERY smart New York State wrestler- the record for any shot at real escalation in this sport is to stay as far away from Hofstra Univ. as possible. (1) NCAA Champ back to the late '70s and very few NCAA Finalists in the past 40 years.

Just the FACTs- not the DELUSION anymore.

here is the lost video of the George and Brown altercation. Really ugly and unsportsmanlike. Cornell and George should have received more penalties.

did Koll slap George to the back of the head????

If you watch the video a couple of times you'll see Koll grab the back of his neck exactly as the official throws up the heave-ho hand, making it look like a slap follow-through by Koll when he actually just grabs his neck. His hand never breaks contact; it only makes it look like he has smacked his wrestler in the back of the head, (actually would have deserved it after that display)

I take it you didn't read skikayer's post.

I too fail to see what this has to do with Penn State.

Brown went away with a traumatic brain injury and couldn't compete at NCAA.

Actually looks like he made three idiot mistakes. Probably doesn't need expelled from school but he shouldn't be wrestling anymore this year. Embarassing for a great school like Cornell.

I too fail to see what this has to do with Penn State.

Brown went away with a traumatic brain injury and couldn't compete at NCAA.

I took it that LordNelson was responding to this:

... It must be frustrating for him always taking it from behind all the time.

Which IS ironic, coming from a Penn State fan.

Actually looks like he made three idiot mistakes. Probably doesn't need expelled from school but he shouldn't be wrestling anymore this year. Embarassing for a great school like Cornell.

The knee to the head is shocking and embarrassing. The other stuff happens way too much in matches, and would be interesting to see DQ cards handed out for such things.

I don't know what I'd have done if I were Koll. I trust he is close enough to the processes off the mat to handle it. George is fairly well through half of the matches he will see this season as Bennett is the starter for the team. So far, it is difficult to argue against Koll's decision.

I forgot. Why are we talking about Billy George again?

Not that it means anything but this happened last wrestling season.

In a perverse way Billy George is actually good for collegiate wrestling. He's so easy to hate with his endless supply of cheap shots that he creates fan interest like no other. I for one hope he cracks the lineup at 197 in time for the Lehigh match in early January. It will be SRO in Bethlehem if he's in the lineup.

Zanetta has impressed me a lot so far this season and he's redshirting. Has he lost yet this season?

18-0

Date Opponent Name Opponent School Wt Class Result WinType Score Tourney Place

11/4/2012 White, David Binghamton University 125 W DEC 1 - 6

11/4/2012 jones, hunter Clarion 125 W MD 2 - 15

11/4/2012 Walsh III, Arthur Lehigh 125 W DEC 0 - 6

11/4/2012 Deutsch, Rob Old Dominion 125 W DEC 2 - 9

11/4/2012 Hicks, Ronald Clarion 125 W MD 1 - 12

11/11/2012 Roth, Joe Central Michigan 125 W DEC 3 - 2

11/11/2012 Mines, Kory Edinboro 125 W DEC 8 - 1

11/11/2012 Hauser, Brian Notre Dame (Ohio) 125 W MD 15 - 6

11/11/2012 Cullinan, Christian Central Michigan 125 W DEC 4 - 3

11/17/2012 Roberts, Nick Ohio State 125 W DEC 6 - 1

11/17/2012 Calandrino, Alexander Eastern Michigan 125 W MD 13 - 4

11/17/2012 McKinley, Kristopher Indiana Tech 125 W MD 11 - 1

11/17/2012 Vinas, Edilberto Kent State 125 W MD 14 - 3

12/2/2012 Hicks, Ronald Clarion 125 W TF5

12/2/2012 Lemaire, Kaleb Lock Haven 125 W MD 15 - 2

12/2/2012 Roberts, Nick Ohio State 125 W DEC 8 - 1

12/2/2012 Bokoski, Brian North Carolina 125 W FALL 2:43

12/2/2012 Megaludis, Nicholas Penn State 125 W DEC 3 - 2

fleming got a turn to tie it 4-4 and send it into ot. it looked like alton was going to score before fleming locked his side headlock, flipped over, and got a td and backs in ot. last year alton had an easy td or two before a similar situation played out with a cf cradle instead of the headlock. fleming got the fall that time.