Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Garrett ducks Waters, still loses...

So let me get the rationale here....

Garret intentionally missed weight by .2 to avoid facing Waters. He then bumps to 133, wrestles poorly and fakes being gassed to make it appear as if he had a bad weight cut, when in reality, he could have made the weight but didn't want to wrestle Waters....seems like he went to a lot of trouble to avoid Waters....

Or maybe, just maybe, he had a bad cut, was possibly sick this week, maybe was on medication that retains water, or some combination of those things. That would logically explain the missing of weight, the poor performance and lack of spark.

We were asked to discuss. I suggest the recent loss may have affected him and have nothing to do with this dual and weigh/in. He seems like a well-oiled machine that might not have room for anything introduced like a loss to anyone other than Delgado.

What possible good could come from him not wrestling Waters??

I had another question about this one.  Did Grey weigh in?  If so, what goes into the decision to move Garrett up instead of wrestling Grey.  I think if I were Grey, I might be a little pissed if this were the case.

the general theme of this topic is just cancerous.  Why is the de facto conclusion that someone is ducking someone if they don't wrestle or make weight.  Wrestling coincides perfectly with flu season and given the person to person contact a wrestler has any given week it is surprising if a wrestler isn't sick at least a couple of days a season.  I am not saying this is the case, but 

the general theme of this topic is just cancerous.  Why is the de facto conclusion that someone is ducking someone if they don't wrestle or make weight.  Wrestling coincides perfectly with flu season and given the person to person contact a wrestler has any given week it is surprising if a wrestler isn't sick at least a couple of days a season.  I am not saying this is the case, but 

Agreed. I've seen guys get on meds that retain water, thus making a hard weight cut. We have no way of knowing, but shouldn't assume NG is ducking anyone.

welcome to message boards

I understand message boards are the bottom of the bottom, doesn't mean we can't strive for better. The shocking loss really questions whether Garret was sick or if he maybe mentally broke a little against Waters and is no longer the monster he seemed to be.

I understand message boards are the bottom of the bottom, doesn't mean we can't strive for better. 

They are what you make of them.  I think this is a pretty informative board with some good discussions.  Why do you come here if you think it's bottom of the bottom?