Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Is T-Shirts the new Dake?

I don't know, I seem to remember Tony Nelson winning and people saying he wasn't good because, he was not dominating, or he was boring.....  So maybe how much you win by does matter?   For the record, I don't think it makes one bit of difference. It's not how you win or lose, it's if you win! 

"Empirically" speaking, there is NO right answer.  Unless they wrestled head to head, and even then there are arguments (see Dake vs. Taylor).  There is no real way to quantify who was better.  Sanderson went undefeated while winning 4 Championships.  He has the most clear argument.  Still of all 4 xers none of them were in the same weight classes, time frame or wrestled common opponents.

When it is all said and done it is 100% OPINION.  If I were a 4X Champ I don't think I would much care where a Forum thinks I fit in with the other 3(there are only 4 currently) or maybe other 5 or 6(as Stieber and Cox may have won 4 by the time Tsirstis may have done so).

The only thing that matters is that he would be included in very elite company :)

Edited by VQLSWAIN

Really Granbytroll? Please tell me you are trolling. If not, you lose some points as being one of the more intelligent people on here. Empirically "implies" OPINION by personal observation. In fact, it is supposed to be done without a scientific method that would prove it to be so.

After T-shirt's 4 year career ends, look at the records. See who has more titles, a better record, and bonus point wins. Do you know what "empirically" means? 

^

empirical

[em-pir-i-kuh l] 
Spell Syllables
adjective
derived from or guided by experience or experiment.
depending upon experience or observation alone, without usingscientific method or theory, especially as in medicine.
provable or verifiable by experience or experiment.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/empirically

Edited by BigRedMachine

I have the perfect example. By observing a large amount of data I can safely say I am the best lover/pleasurer of women there is. It has been my experience that every woman I have been with has been perfectly pleasured. Empirically speaking of course.

Tshirts reminds me more of dustin.... could win 4, but his style makes it very easy for him to lose a match

Said this last year...

dusitn's career 1,3,7, DNP

I would not be surprised if we see the same thing from tshirt 1,3,TBD, TBD

To be fair to both, injuries(especially with Schlatter) were the main reason they regressed.  We still have 2 years to go with Tsirtsis, but a lot has happened to him to keep him from reaching his potential.......................

Really Granbytroll? Please tell me you are trolling. If not, you lose some points as being one of the more intelligent people on here. Empirically "implies" OPINION by personal observation. In fact, it is supposed to be done without a scientific method that would prove it to be so.

I know this is a year old, but man you are a dumbass.

I have the perfect example. By observing a large amount of data I can safely say I am the best lover/pleasurer of women there is. It has been my experience that every woman I have been with has been perfectly pleasured. Empirically speaking of course.

Anecdotal, idiot.

LemonPie,

Do I need to get a restraining order?  Your obsession with me is getting to be a bit much.  Following me to other boards, quoting a RESPONSE to someone else.......................You may want to reassess who the dumbass is, or find out what the word actually means.

You are right.  I am so ashamed.  When someone that has contributed so much to this board calls me an idiot and a dumbass, it must be so.  Plus, you caught me, I actually cried when Klimara lost.  I was so distraught that I couldn't sleep.  I am, however, bolstered by the fact that someone like you hangs on my every word.  It gives me the confidence to know you will be there to correct me whenever YOU think I am wrong.  Thanks!

Everyone wants to see wrestlers open up and score points.  The problem is they don't want to weigh the risks that action causes wrestlers.  I think Gadson is a perfect example.  If you attack him and he gets the first takedown, good luck.  You better have a great gas tank and a stall calling ref.

"weigh the risks" I am of the opinion that attacking is risky when you do it poorly ie. "out of position" such as Gulibon's shot late in his match...... REALLY poor shot is a perfect example. In today's wrestling world attack position is critical. Do it right or pay the price. If you keep great position you can attack all day and not get in trouble.

We are seeing several young guys that are "attackers" and they are dominant. I also disagree that very few can do this...... I say they haven't yet reached the level of confidence they need to go "balls to the wall"(where the heck did that saying come from?)

Then the lack of set ups is mind boggling....... as a coach I always told my guys "a set up is as important to a takedown as turning the door knob is for opening a door" without them it is VERY difficult.

Conditioning should NEVER be an issue. You might not be able to pick up a particular technique but EVERYONE can get in excellent condition.

I once had a kid that was running out of gas. We were known to "own" the third round. I knew "something was not right". I asked him is he was smoking (didn't think so but had to ask) he assured me he wasn't. I told him to get his parents to take him to the Doc. It was a real bummer because he found out he had a heart condition and needed surgery. His wrestling days were over but he is healthy and his kids are wrestling now.