Sign in to follow this  
HatchetJack

dake 5 TDs in the first 35 secs?

Bump hidden post:

Okay.

Here it comes again. That age old question that goes like this :

What really is the goal for a wrestler ...... (during) an individual bout ?

* Does a superior wrestler roll up the score with those favorite pinning combinations ?

Not quite pinning the opponent. So that another pinning combo may be used.

* Is it good for our sport to just, take 'em down then cut 'em. Take 'em down & cut 'em ?

* Last , but not least , my view on the issue. It is pin, pin, and pin.

Before and after our young wrestlers have learned a lot of the basics of amateur wrestling we

need to remind that next generation that the pin is indeed the ultimate goal during an

individual wrestling bout.

Lost between the cybercracks.

A couple of those shouldn't have been called TDs. Dake let go completely before actually establishing control.

Not that he couldn't have done so, but that ref was a bit too generous with his anticipation of the situation.

Had a kid try this tactic during a match I officiated earlier tonight. He did a great job! The Tech Fall was there until he finished with a fall in the closing seconds. I see this getting around during the high school season. Of course, several schools used this style, but the pace/timing of the takedown attempt is the difference.

I'm not a fan of this soft of thing. If any of the kids I coached were pulling that, especially my son, I'd have an issue. If you can easily dominate a kid, you're getting nothing out of just cutting him repeatedly. It's nothing more than drilling at that point. Just finish the kid off and be done with it.