Sign in to follow this  
jvallstar

Meyer pin

Honest question. Would people rather refs call these types of situations like they did in the Minny vs Mich 149lb match where they gave the defensive guy (Short) the benefit of the doubt or like they did here where they gave the aggressor the benefit of the doubt? 

I am not even saying either call was wrong or right. Actually lets say both calls were wrong. One where the aggressor obviously had him pinned and never got the call and the other where he was very close to being pinned but maybe wasn't but they called it anyways. The refs do have to make a quick decision sometimes and, much like the pushout rule in freestyle, I think giving the aggressor the benefit of the doubt is not the worst thing in the world.  

Edited by OtisCampbell

Honest question. Would people rather refs call these types of situations like they did in the Minny vs Mich 149lb match where they gave the defensive guy (Short) the benefit of the doubt or like they did here where they gave the aggressor the benefit of the doubt?

I am not even saying either call was wrong or right. Actually lets say both calls were wrong. One where the aggressor obviously had him pinned and never got the call and the other where he was very close to being pinned but maybe wasn't but they called it anyways. The refs do have to make a quick decision sometimes and, much like the pushout rule in freestyle, I think giving the aggressor the benefit of the doubt is not the worst thing in the world.

Subjective. You mean aggressor in final minute of match? Why wrestle the first six minutes then? Brunson dominated those.

Subjective. You mean aggressor in final minute of match? Why wrestle the first six minutes then? Brunson dominated those.

Not subjective at all. I mean aggressor in the situation that leads to the pin. 

I also think they should give a guy trying to turn a guy from the top position the benefit of the doubt when he is getting close to pinning himself.  

Edited by OtisCampbell

People who throw around the "benefit of the doubt" are always defending a call they don't believe was correct. 

It's not about abstract thought, its making the right call. 

I don't mind that the wrong call may have been made in this case, it happens, but I don't appreciate people saying that its appropriate to make the wrong call. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

A. No Pinfall

2. Very poor public display of emotions between Perry & Brands.  Worse imo than the NW Minnesota match between NW head coach and Eggum.  It's a college wrestling match fellas.  Take it out back if you hate each other, but not on the floor.

Just watched the replay of this dual last night on BTNtoGo.  It looked to me like what set mark Perry off, at least initially, was Terry Brands, not Tom.  As the last few seconds of the HWT match were ticking off the clock, you see Terry sprinting over towards the IL bench and as the horn sounds he runs by Perry, slaps at his hand and continues runnnig through the bench area.  Not sure if he said anything but it didn't seem to go over too well with Perry.