Sign in to follow this  
TheRealOne9050

Adam Saitiev Highlights

I still believe at 145 - 163lbs Adam would have been the greatest of all time. Won a world title at 149 then goes to 187 and beats a cut down 211 in and defending world champion Romero. Amazing! I still occasionally watch what he did to Joe Williams-beat him worse than Yazdani. Even at the old age of 35 he made it to the finals against Tsurgush. Darn older brother! 

Edited by PRyan2012

I still believe at 145 - 163lbs Adam would have been the greatest of all time. Won a world title at 149 then goes to 187 and beats a cut down 211 in and defending world champion Romero. Amazing! I still occasionally watch what he did to Joe Williams-beat him worse than Yazdani. Even at the old age of 35 he made it to the finals against Tsurgush. Darn older brother! 

I've always looked for the full Williams match, too bad I couldn't find it anywhere. Adam took Williams straight to his back with an inside trip, if I'm not mistaken?

I've always looked for the full Williams match, too bad I couldn't find it anywhere. Adam took Williams straight to his back with an inside trip, if I'm not mistaken?

Yep the same move he put Romero on his back with at the Olympics. Don't have the full match either just 15 seconds before the trip. He stuffed a shot then countered Williams to his back with a headlock for 20 seconds then stick.

I think the full match was pretty much just the trip and pin.

Adam gave up the 74 kg spot to his brother as per tradition, but I remember hearing big brother also won their training matches. Anyone know?

That said I think Adams 2000 season is the greatest in modern wrestling history. Beat the defending world champ (Romero), Olympic champ (Magonedov- threw him for 5) and legend Khadartsev. Up a weight. Unreal.

Yep the same move he put Romero on his back with at the Olympics. Don't have the full match either just 15 seconds before the trip. He stuffed a shot then countered Williams to his back with a headlock for 20 seconds then stick.

Yes.  He inside tripped Romero for first TD.  Then in second period he knee blocked and cartwheeled over a Romero footsweep attempt for the fall.  Don't ask me how he did it, but that's what he did.

The trip against Williams was similar to the trip against the Bulgarian here in 2002:

Yes.  He inside tripped Romero for first TD.  Then in second period he knee blocked and cartwheeled over a Romero footsweep attempt for the fall.  Don't ask me how he did it, but that's what he did.

The trip against Williams was similar to the trip against the Bulgarian here in 2002:

Nice, thanks!