Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

MINNESOTA @ PENN STATE

I wonder if anyone complaining about Byers' broadcasting has ever listened to the radio for any college sports from an opposing team's call? What Byers is doing is essentially the norm when you're the "home" broadcaster. BTN2Go is taking the PSU radio feed, like they do a lot of the times. 

The radio broadcast is for Penn State and the ads on the radio call are Penn State-centric. Shouldn't be surprised by the pro-PSU angle, that's his job. 

I wonder if anyone complaining about Byers' broadcasting has ever listened to the radio for any college sports from an opposing team's call? What Byers is doing is essentially the norm when you're the "home" broadcaster. BTN2Go is taking the PSU radio feed, like they do a lot of the times. 

The radio broadcast is for Penn State and the ads on the radio call are Penn State-centric. Shouldn't be surprised by the pro-PSU angle, that's his job.

Homerism is one thing, but this guy is over the top and reporting inaccurately. Chewing the ref to this extent is also ugly. I'm pretty sure Ironside isn't this thick.

Thanks Jason -- that is fair but the whining and complaining is tiring. 

Hammond rides too high, Wanzek out back door.  6-2.  Hammond in on single.  W with good hips.  Stalemate.  

6-3 going into third.

Hammond down ..

He's a pro. If he's aware this is reaching a broader audience he should adjust. So I assume he wasn't aware.

He'd be doing the station and a fanbase a disservice if he altered his normal home calls because the stream is being picked up by someone else. His responsibility, first and foremost, is the radio station, not us on the boards or anyone else listening or watching. 

Hammond in on shot.  OOB after some scrable.  Thought Hammond had it.

Pretty crazy that with 2 TDs and a Reversal for Wanzek  .... and 0 TD/reversal for Hammond, that all Hammond needs is a TD to tie it.

W goes in and gets the TD to seal it.  9-4 with RT?

Hey TBar -- do you think this guy is going too far in his bias?

JB - I'm guessing even Penn State fans think he's a bit over the top in his bias. 

Me relying on TBar to make the call is likely foolish but who knows!

Edited by nom

He'd be doing the station and a fanbase a disservice if he altered his normal home calls because the stream is being picked up by someone else. His responsibility, first and foremost, is the radio station, not us on the boards or anyone else listening or watching.

Fair enough. He's not fair with the officials IMO.