Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingphish

down goes tsirtsis

Loses to Sorenson 3-2 giving up an escape and getting ridden out for the last ride out. Refused to shake hands afterwards and walked off the mat. Sorenson was the aggressor outside the first minute. Great match and the fans in Carver were LOUD.

He shook hands as he stood up.

Loses to Sorenson 3-2 giving up an escape and getting ridden out for the last ride out. Refused to shake hands afterwards and walked off the mat. Sorenson was the aggressor outside the first minute. Great match and the fans in Carver were LOUD.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Tsirtsis shook Sorenson's hand immediately after the final buzzer without going back to the center of the mat. I've seen a number of Northwestern wrestlers do the same thing tonight, and this particular ref is not making them come back to the middle to shake again before he raises the winner's hand.

If he did it was quick and definitely not at the center of the mat. I've seen officials bring wrestlers back to the center for handshakes much more obvious than that.

I have, too, and more often than not, but this particular ref isn't making a point of it. All of the Northwestern wrestlers have shaken hands, though, even if not in the middle.

If Sorensen stays at 149 the next 3 years I don't see him ever losing to Tsirtsis.  He beat Tsirtsis at his own game and wore him down. I know it was close and nobody had a takedown but just my opinion that Sorensen is better and will keep getting better.  Tsirtsis looks slow to me this year on his attacks.

If Sorensen stays at 149 the next 3 years I don't see him ever losing to Tsirtsis.  He beat Tsirtsis at his own game and wore him down. I know it was close and nobody had a takedown but just my opinion that Sorensen is better and will keep getting better.  Tsirtsis looks slow to me this year on his attacks.

Oh, okay.

Hey dip**** he shook Sorenson's hand as he stood up and then ran off.

Edited by pm-01

Tsirtsis shook Sorensen's hand. No problem with Tsirtsis' sportsmanship.

Sorensen continues to impress. He is relentless, and doesn't make careless mistakes. He is high AA material, and winning it all wouldn't surprise me. Iowa looks real solid at 149 for the future.

Hunter is the class of this weight if he is able to come back and wrestle at a normal level. I know, I know, pinned by houda, lost to sorensen yadda...

But he looked like an ineffective zombie against sorensen and was still winning for 80% of the match.  Against Beitz Hunter looked like he was wrestling at about 60% and still lit Beitz up

Sorensen was giving Hunter too much respect in that match - thinking Hunter was more dangerous than he actually was at the time. When he realized how easily he could take him down, the tide turned.

Hunter's reputation gave him an edge. If they wrestled it again the next day, it wouldn't have been close.

Not so sure rstrong.  He attacked the same way all 3 periods.  Stieber scored on counters early and then gassed so bad, Sorenson mounted the comeback.  Now if he wrestles similar to how he did Tsirtsis(masterful patience) and saves his offense until the 3rd, Stieber is in a lot of trouble.

Nothing irresponsible about what I said. I reported what I saw. When it was refuted I acknowledged that it may have been the case and didn't try to assert that it was correct. It sounds like they shook hands as Tsirtsis was getting off his knees after being ridden out. There backs were to me and Tsirtsis then walked off the mat without returning anywhere close to the center and Sorenson did head that way. Both refs looked at each other as if to see if they thought they should force him come back and then decided against it.