Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

More surprising than the upsets...

I admit I have some crow to eat in regards to Sorenson and Martinez.  I didn't expect them to win.  How they won doesn't convince me that they will replicate it in March but both Freshman deserve a ton of credit.

Now, to get to my topic.  What was wrong with Taylor Massa?  Why was he even wrestling tonight?  Out of quite a few top notch match ups, this was the one I wanted to see the most.  I couldn't believe  what I was watching and didn't have the audio to hear if they knew anything.  He looked like he was dead on his feet less than 2 minutes into the match.  I don't want to take away from Jordan as he may have very well won anyway but I don't EVER remember Massa looking that out of it.

I hope he is OK.

I think that Green maybe Isaiah's toughest match thru year end due to Green's athleticism. I think that Isaiah will certainly have his hands full with both Ness and Miller, but should be able to score some big points with those two. As far as Massa is concerned, the last 2 matches I have watched of his, it appears that he doesn't want to be on the mat. In fact, I would say that Taylor would have fared better his senior year of high school against Jordan this evening. He has the talent to AA though but must get the desire back.

I too was wrong on I Mar v. Green and Sorenson v. T Shirts. No biggie. No one has a crystal ball and picking winners is an inexact science. An entire business has been built on people's inability to pick the winners of sporting events. 

On the bright side, I did pick BojO to win last night, so I got one match right! :-)

People have scouted Green and know how to beat him.  If you can get by the 1st period without too much damage then just push the pace until the 3rd when Green will gas.  Donar almost did it, Welch did it, IMar did it.

Massa was dead on his feet way before his bottom wrestling became a factor. It was Altonesque. Just like A. Alton before him, you can't watch a match like that and not think their is an underlying issue.

Edited by MSU158

Massa has looked like that all year. Going the Thielke route.

Rules committee took away his go to move:  

5.8.13 Neck Bow. When in the top position, the offensive wrestler applies a legal head and arm, locked from the side, and then somersaults toward and over the defensive wrestler’s head. This position may create a choking situation and could put undue pressure on the neck and spine and is, therefore, illegal. 

I think your spot on carp!!  I have not seen a lot of Massa's matches but what I have seen is very "James Fleming" like.  Take that away and it's anyone's match to win and often it won't be Massa's.  I hope his brother doesn't rely on the same move!

Edited by BDB50

I think your spot on carp!!  I have not seen a lot of Massa's matches but what I have seen is very "James Fleming" like.  Take that away and it's anyone's match to win and often it won't be Massa's.  I hope his brother doesn't rely on the same move!

Totally agree on the Massa and Fleming comparison. Massa lost his neck bow and poof, his prowess is undone in an instant. Good observation.