Sign in to follow this  
cisco

Jovan Belcher

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chiefs-player-killed-girlfriend-article-1.1211469.

[highlight=#NaNffff] Wasnt quite sure where to post this. I knew Jovan very well. He spent several weeks with me and my 3 boys on a NY state wrestling team that I coached in 2004 . Jovan stayed at my house a couple weeks before we left for US Freestyle and Greco Roman Nationals in Greeley, Colorado at Northern Colorado University . The team reached high school all American status in both styles of wrestling and Jovan was a big contributor at the 171 lb class as a high school sophomore . We rode the bus back to Buffalo a week later, with 25 other NY wrestlers and we said goodbye to Jovan a couple days after as I dropped him off at the bus station to head back to Long Island NY. I'll always remember how in awe Jovan and the other LI NY wrestlers were to see Niagara Falls and the Rocky Mountains , when we took time off from competing and training , to show the team the sites . I know most of the LI. Wrestlers had never left the island other than this trip . Our family followed his career and a couple of the other local boys , that played football at U. Of Maine and also his career at Kansas City.

Jovan was a well mannered and very quiet, respectful , hardworking young man and our family will miss him. That being said , these tragic actions are so Very sad ,terrible and devastating to all. My heart goes out to that girls family and Jovans .So hard to understand. God bless ---Coach Mariacher and family... [/highlight]