Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

An interesting development at Ohio St.

At least I find this interesting. Micah Jordan has recently dropped a weight class going from 157 to 149. Ohio State fans in the linked thread are speculating that he did so due the premise he could possibly enter their line up to replace an ailing Hunter Steiber. 

http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5339&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I've got a Lincoln Mac feeling about the potential of MJ's redshirt being pulled as a freshman. It's all hands on deck at Ohio State and this is the year to make a title happen. If Hunter Stieber can't go then Micah's the best man with the most potential to insert in the lineup to score points at NCAA and Big 10. But I think Hunter will pull it together and gut out another AA performance. 

Silvermedal  

The comparison to Lincoln Mac isn't fair because M.Jordan still has enough eligibility to win 4 titles. The kid is a 4x Ohio champ, wrestled at one of the best high school programs in the country and has received some of the best coaching. He is undefeated and won several tournaments during this redshirt season. He's proven that he can handle college wrestling. Will he be as good of a wrestler this season as he could be next year after more time in the Ohio State room? Probably not, but anything can happen between now and next season. God forbid, but what if MJ gets injured next season and misses NCAAs?  

I'm really hoping Hunter Stieber can work through his injury. I didn't see him get pinned that first match back, but all the other matches he looked rusty but good enough to AA. How he is able to manage the injury through a long NCAA tournament is questionable, but if he doesn't compete this year who's to say his injury will necessarily heal enough to where he could be his old self by next season. 

I am all for pulling MoJo's shirt and putting him in RIGHT now. Get him some matches before the big dance and get Hunter in the operating room ASAP. His injuries take

8-12 months to recover. They need Hunter as close to 100% next year as possible. If that happens they will be very strong next year. Risking Hunter now could really backfire and they could lose him for good. Micah is good enough to get some points on the backside at nationals, he could even sneak in Rd 12 or even low AA. He's pretty good.

A lot can change in 3 months for a true freshman. For all you know he is wiping the mat with Languis now.

Certainly possible...but there's no reason to assume that's the case.  Jordan is a talent for sure, but when you look at his red-shirt season, he hasn't had any signature wins that would point to him being able to make noise at the NCAA tourney.  As pointed out in the other thread, Ohio State struggles with depth.  This should be a wake up call if they want to be a consistent contender.  

I am all for pulling MoJo's shirt and putting him in RIGHT now. Get him some matches before the big dance and get Hunter in the operating room ASAP. His injuries take

Stop it.  Right now.  Sayin' "BoJo" is acceptable.  Using "MoJo" and "IsJo" sounds stupid.

Mic' and Zeke.  Get the nicknames right darn it.

Edited by stp

Lets just name them all after greek gods while we are at it. 

Micah is already a biblical name. The original Micah was a Prophet from aropund 800 B.C. who wrote one of the books of the Old Testament. His name, loosely translated, means "He who is like God". 

Edited by TBar1977

The moral of the story is this... 

NO... I'm a tOSU fan, as they should NOT pull Micah's RS.  Languis is a fine backup.  Micah still needs another year to mature.  

I hear all these comments about doing it for the 'TEAM' and such.. blah blah blah... Being on a wrestling team is like having a 'partnership' agreement with the coach.  Coach gets 50% say, wrestler gets 50% say.  At least, that's the way it oughta be.  Why waste or 'burn' his RS when he has no signature wins, lost his wrestleoff to the guy that should be replacing Hunter, etc.  

I'm sure Micah will have a fine career at tOSU.  However, it ought to 'officially' start next year.  

Ryan should recruit more depth instead of 'burning' an individual's RS at the last moment.  

The chips will fall where they may... the 9 other guys need to step up, as putting this amount of pressure on Hunter/Languis/Micah is preposterous.  

What is the injury Hutner has?  Looked like maybe an elbow?  I think he is going to be the guy.  He beat Bietz, lost a close match to the #2 wrestler in the nation.  Did he get hurt again?  He looked a little out of shape in those matches but he still has a little over a month to get ready

What is the injury Hutner has?  Looked like maybe an elbow?  I think he is going to be the guy.  He beat Bietz, lost a close match to the #2 wrestler in the nation.  Did he get hurt again?  He looked a little out of shape in those matches but he still has a little over a month to get ready

Needs surgery on both elbows. Injured his other elbow in the Beitz match

Micah is already a biblical name. The original Micah was a Prophet from aropund 800 B.C. who wrote one of the books of the Old Testament. His name, loosely translated, means "He who is like God". 

Well we're gonna have to rename Bo "The Cross Body Messiah" or something, maybe even put together some iconography of him with his left leg in on a crucifix and his left underhooking it.