Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

McDonough's headgear science experiment

At the high school level you are no longer allowed any tape whatsoever on your headgear for this very reason. I can't understand why the NCAA hasn't already followed suit. With the amount of skin infections permeating wrestling and the not so easy to kill MRSA types, this should be a no brainer.

Dutch scientists have discovered that bacteria laced concrete can self-seal cracks. The bacteria with the aid of nutrients in the concrete and water seaping into cracks will secrete limestone and fill the crack. So for all we now McD's headgear might have morphed years ago into something that is neither foam, vinyl, bacteria, or duct tape. I say send it to the lab. Could lead to a cure for cancer for all we know.

At the high school level you are no longer allowed any tape whatsoever on your headgear for this very reason. I can't understand why the NCAA hasn't already followed suit. With the amount of skin infections permeating wrestling and the not so easy to kill MRSA types, this should be a no brainer.

The tape on headgear rule always seemed a bit pedantic and nitpicky, but I see the point now. Someone get McD a new one for xmas! (or would that be an NCAA violation??) :lol:

The tape on headgear rule always seemed a bit pedantic and nitpicky, but I see the point now. Someone get McD a new one for xmas! (or would that be an NCAA violation??) :lol:

Wouldnt be a violation if it was from Brands as part of team issued uniform :)

At least here in Michigan you can tape the straps of your headgear together. It just can't be on the ear coverings.

That I one nasty bit of kit. He isn't shy about grinding people with it either.

Note to Megaludis, Delgado, Thorn, and Waters:

Think about what will happen when McD's biolab headgear touches YOUR face. Now that's something to look forward to, isn't it. Have fun

Whatever you say Marty. I will say this, you got some balls calling out coaches and wrestlers when you have absolutly no integrity whatsoever.Make a bet, lose on the facts,dismiss the evidence, why not run for office? You would fit right in with the democratic party.

Actually I was listening to Lehigh crap their pants again. Hard to see it with those brown uniforms. Has Kennedy got any chance of a redshirt? He really came through last year with Simez. Keep your word, stop posting.