Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

tOSU vs. Purdue

I finally saw the dual and the Stieber match.

It wasn't Stieber's finest hour, but let's be fair, Lawrence deserves much more credit than Stieber was not wrestling well. Lawrence hit two really nice shots in the first alone, so it wasn't like all he did was back up. And Stieber did very little in the third, pretty much conceding a major and being content with one TD. Lawrence has clearly studied Stieber and is very familiar with how Stieber wrestles. He had an answer for almost everything Stieber threw at him. 

I wonder how much Lawrence will weigh a week after NCAAs. He is an absolute monster of a 141 lber. Who else makes Stieber look small? Not even Devin Carter did.

I finally saw the dual and the Stieber match.

It wasn't Stieber's finest hour, but let's be fair, Lawrence deserves much more credit than Stieber was not wrestling well. Lawrence hit two really nice shots in the first alone, so it wasn't like all he did was back up. And Stieber did very little in the third, pretty much conceding a major and being content with one TD. Lawrence has clearly studied Stieber and is very familiar with how Stieber wrestles. He had an answer for almost everything Stieber threw at him. 

I wonder how much Lawrence will weigh a week after NCAAs. He is an absolute monster of a 141 lber. Who else makes Stieber look small? Not even Devin Carter did.

Good assessment. Logan Stieber doesn't need guys "creeping up" on him to win easily. Lawrence was in his face anyway especially in the early going. Another pretty interesting thing, as you point out, is how Logan wrestled the third period.

Edited by LkwdSteve

no welch vs Demas? More BS Cowardly coaching moves?

LOL. I think you're being facetious. 

Anyway, here is a run down of the injury situation from this story written by Patrick Kalista,

"Sixth-ranked 149-pounder Hunter Stieber (1-2), is listed as day-to-day with a left elbow injury. Stieber, a redshirt-junior, missed a majority of the year with a right elbow injury before returning against Penn State, where he injured the opposite arm in a win. Coach Tom Ryan said he has not ruled Stieber out for the remainder of the season, though.

“He will be back. We don’t know when, but when he is ready to get back out there, he will be in the lineup,” Ryan said. “All focus is getting him in good enough condition and healed up enough to compete.”

Redshirt-sophomore Nick Tavanello (285) is also day-to-day with a knee injury that he, too, suffered against Penn State. Ryan is hopeful that he can return in the season finale against No. 2 Minnesota on Feb. 6.

Ninth-ranked Josh Demas (157), a redshirt-senior, is questionable to return for Friday’s meet because of a concussion, and junior Mark Martin (174) is probable as he recovers from a lower leg injury."
Edited by LkwdSteve

LOL. I think you're being facetious. 

Anyway, here is a run down of the injury situation from this story written by Patrick Kalista,

"Sixth-ranked 149-pounder Hunter Stieber (1-2), is listed as day-to-day with a left elbow injury. Stieber, a redshirt-junior, missed a majority of the year with a right elbow injury before returning against Penn State, where he injured the opposite arm in a win. Coach Tom Ryan said he has not ruled Stieber out for the remainder of the season, though.

“He will be back. We don’t know when, but when he is ready to get back out there, he will be in the lineup,” Ryan said. “All focus is getting him in good enough condition and healed up enough to compete.”

Redshirt-sophomore Nick Tavanello (285) is also day-to-day with a knee injury that he, too, suffered against Penn State. Ryan is hopeful that he can return in the season finale against No. 2 Minnesota on Feb. 6.

Ninth-ranked Josh Demas (157), a redshirt-senior, is questionable to return for Friday’s meet because of a concussion, and junior Mark Martin (174) is probable as he recovers from a lower leg injury."

not facetious just ignorant and obnoxious. 

Buckeye4meself.  Lawrence stood there backing up? Its on Big2go.com (btw)..2 refs on a mat with the greatest 3x Ncaa champ - Yet not a single warning for stalling.. I think they would've dinged Lawrence. You are pathetic every time w every reason why...every loss, every close match  ..always a reason ..bus rides...emotions...nose infections.... good luck vs MN