141: Iowa dec Mayes 7-3 Iowa

149: Sorenson dec Houdashelt 10-3 Iowa

157: Kelly dec LaValle 13-3 Iowa

165: Moore dec England 16-3 Iowa

174: Evans dec Eblen 19-3 Iowa

184: Brooks dec Miklus 22-3 Iowa

197: Cox dec Burak 22-6 Iowa

285: Telford dec Mellon. 25-6 Iowa

You sure you want to even give Missouri those 2 matches?  Gilman and Burak could make it a 10-0 sweep for Iowa.....

Edited by The_MO_Godfather

You sure you want to even give Missouri those 2 matches?  Gilman and Burak could make it a 10-0 sweep for Iowa.....

Yeah, cause I am really reaching on the rest of them. I would say every MO posters prediction of a close win is just as slanted as this prediction.

The only one I am actually picking the "underdog" is 184 and although I like Milkus a lot I think Brooks is one of the best guys at this weight. 

Sure I could see any one of MO's 141,157,149 or 184 winning on a given night, but when I look at each matchup I feel each of the Iowa guys is a little better.

Edited by OtisCampbell

Brian Smith may not be the best coach in college wrestling.   Koll and Sanderson are very good, and there are others.

What Mizzou fans are acknowleding is that Brian Smith is light years better than anyone Mizzou has had in the past and we're damn thankful to have him!  He's done a great job and continues to improve the program every year.  Not too long ago, Mizzou was consistently at the bottom of the BIG 12.  

This year we're highly ranked and competitive with any program in the nation.

I am amazed how many say or agree with this:

149: Houdashelt dec. Sorenson 9-4 Mizzou. Sorenson is on a tear, but I don't think he can handle the chain wrestling of Houdashelt.

What we do know is that Houdashelt got beat by Kindig and Sorenson beat Kindig handily.  Sorenson also beat the defending National champion.  At worst, this is a toss up.  I think Sorenson wins it and should be favored.

texas, that's a fair assessment of the results - but did you actually watch the houdashelt kindig match? Kindig was literally handed the win with two highly suspect calls and ducked houdashelt next chance he got. that may have been one of the worst examples of officiating this season (and the reffing in general this season is down imo).

Sorenson has shown he belongs in this conversation.  I'm just picking Houdashelt.  if you want to pick Sorenson, I don't think you're wrong.  No getting around beating Josh Kindig and Jason Tsirtsis.  Both guys have one loss on the season....to Sorenson.

Edited by VakAttack

149: Houdashelt dec. Sorenson 9-4 Mizzou. Sorenson is on a tear, but I don't think he can handle the chain wrestling of Houdashelt.

What we do know is that Houdashelt got beat by Kindig and Sorenson beat Kindig handily.  Sorenson also beat the defending National champion.  At worst, this is a toss up.  I think Sorenson wins it and should be favored.

It took Kindig 4 matches to beat Wowdashelt, and even that was controversial.  Sorenson has yet to experience Drake, which is not something anyone in the last 2 1/2 years has had much success with.  Sorenson may well win, though.  Of course it is a toss-up, but apparently many believe Drake's a tough out the first time.  You're certainly entitled to your opinion as well.

What makes Sorenson hard to pick against is how he keeps getting better. Of all the guys at 149, he is on the steepest part of the learning curve when the other top guys look to have hit their ceilings. A guy like that who doesn't tire is really hard to pick against after he beats the returning national champ. Sorenson reminds me of some of the Hawks of old who would get disproportionately better than their competition within the span of one season.

When he beat Hunter S, I was confident Hunter would get him later in the season when he went from 50% to say 75% with a little more gas in spite of his elbow. Now, I'm not sure I'd pick him at 100%.

Houdashelt may well prove to be a tough matchup for Sorenson but I am picking Sorenson here purely based on his upward trend.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

am i the only houdashelt picker?

This is what you stated - "Concerned Texas Toast must be very frustrated right now that we insist on thinking before we pick."  Obviously, I put much more thought into the pick than you.  I provided results to back my pick.  You provided what I would call "a woman's intuition".  As a result, the "we" pronoun would indicate that you too put thought into your pick.  You did not.

Waters mdec Gillman. Waters frustrates and breaks him. 4-0

Clarck dec Synon. Clark eeks out a close one. 4-3

Mayes dec Jeva. Mayes is too explosive for Jeva. 7-3

Houdashelt wbf Sorenson. The freshman gets a rude awakening. 13-3

Lavallee dec Kelly. Lavallee is from Nevada, enough said. 16-3

England dec Moore. Moore does not want to wrestle. 19-3

Eblen mdec Evans. Evans likes to go to his back. JEblen will help him there. 23-3

Miklus dec Brooks. I like Brooks (wrestles like Iowa used to) but he wrestles there now so he loses. 26-3

Cox wbf Burak. Cox convinces Burak to go down so the freshman wont be the only one. 32-3

Mellon dec Telford. Telford shoots in OT and Mellon outscrambles him. 35-3

Iowa wrestles well but just does not have the horses to compete with Mizzou.

Texas, as I stated earlier Kindig won that match thanks to terrible officiating (and Kindig is now 1-3 career against Houdashelt?) and immediately decided not to wrestle Houdashelt in the rematch. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Sorenson won the match, but I don't think at this time that he does. The fact that there are so many match ups like this being discussed makes me really want to see this dual happen. It would be great for the fans to see this.

Texas, as I stated earlier Kindig won that match thanks to terrible officiating (and Kindig is now 1-3 career against Houdashelt?) and immediately decided not to wrestle Houdashelt in the rematch. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Sorenson won the match, but I don't think at this time that he does. The fact that there are so many match ups like this being discussed makes me really want to see this dual happen. It would be great for the fans to see this.

I commented on it as a toss up or slightly favoring Sorenso.  He3 did beat Tsirsis and Kindig 6 - 1.  It will be close with NO clear favorite.  My comment was only for those that seem to think Sorenson doesn't have a chance on this one or that H is just way too much for him.  All that is nonsense.  It is tight.