fudge_tunnel

Iowa v. Mizzou

This is what you stated - "Concerned Texas Toast must be very frustrated right now that we insist on thinking before we pick."  Obviously, I put much more thought into the pick than you.  I provided results to back my pick.  You provided what I would call "a woman's intuition".  As a result, the "we" pronoun would indicate that you too put thought into your pick.  You did not.

Did your mind reading or crystal ball tell you this? 

PS no one said S doesn't have a chance. You don't have to lie to fit in.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Houdashelts loss to Kindig was on a controversial call against a familiar opponent..he was 3-0 against him before that..houdashelt lost to tsirtsis in the semis last year on a last second escape in tb's..Mayes took it to Tsirtsis this summer consistently taking him down with blast doubles..albeit a 14-9 loss it was avery close match..I don't see Drake losing the match with tsirtsis again he just hasnt had the chance to

125 -Waters (3-0 Mizz) - 1 pt match

133 - Clark +1 (4-3 Iowa) - Clark will be too much for him, probably tight (5-2 ish) until 3rd then breaks open

141 - Mayes (6-4 Mizz) - Think a slow paced 3-1 type match

149 - Sorensen (7-6 Iowa) - Sorensen is getting scary confident, wrestling too good to bet against 

157 - LaValle (9-7 Mizz) - Biggest toss up, had to pick one mild upset

165 - Moore (10-9 Iowa) - This one will be closer than people think on the scoreboard but match will be in hand

174 - Evans (13-9 Iowa) - Powers through, part of big 4 at 74, handles this match

184 - Brooks (16-9 Iowa) - Easy pick here, Brooks MUCH more proven this season

197 - Cox (16-12 Iowa) - Too athletic, too good

285 - Telford (19 -12 Iowa) - 5-1ish match here

19-12 Iowa final score... Mizz is  good team which is why I gave em a big win here and there (125,141,157) but those matches can go the other way... Not a lot of matches I picked in Iowa's favor that I see can go the other way besides (149)

Waters mdec Gillman. Waters frustrates and breaks him. 4-0
Clarck dec Synon. Clark eeks out a close one. 4-3
Mayes dec Jeva. Mayes is too explosive for Jeva. 7-3
Houdashelt wbf Sorenson. The freshman gets a rude awakening. 13-3
Lavallee dec Kelly. Lavallee is from Nevada, enough said. 16-3
England dec Moore. Moore does not want to wrestle. 19-3
Eblen mdec Evans. Evans likes to go to his back. JEblen will help him there. 23-3
Miklus dec Brooks. I like Brooks (wrestles like Iowa used to) but he wrestles there now so he loses. 26-3
Cox wbf Burak. Cox convinces Burak to go down so the freshman wont be the only one. 32-3
Mellon dec Telford. Telford shoots in OT and Mellon outscrambles him. 35-3

Iowa wrestles well but just does not have the horses to compete with Mizzou.

Now that prediction seems fair and unbiased!   So there!

Waters getting majored is more likely than him getting one.

Sounds like you're not a fan of Waters. FYI, the guy has never been majored in his entire collegiate career while Gilman has been both majored and pinned.

A MD by Waters would be a big surprise but it's not like he hasn't done it to top 10 guys before......

184 - Brooks (16-9 Iowa) - Easy pick here, Brooks MUCH more proven this season

19-12 Iowa final score... Mizz is good team which is why I gave em a big win here and there (125,141,157) but those matches can go the other way... Not a lot of matches I picked in Iowa's favor that I see can go the other way besides (149)

Seems like really reasonable selections except for the statement that "Brooks is MUCH more proven". They have two common opponents this year, Boyd and Dechow. Brooks lost to both and Miklus beat them (Boyd twice with one a MD).

IMO, the edge has to go to Miklus here. The 174 match could surprise people too, but I would pick Evans.

MIZZOU is just not good enough to hang with iowa! No real need to debate they just do not have a chance.

MIZZOU will be S T A L L I N G  - S T A L L I N G - S T A L L I N G

iowa should get T W O O O  - T W O O O -  T W O O O - T W O O O in all situations

The officiating in general is already horrible from an iowa perspective

MIZZOU no way no how no never