Sign in to follow this  
tigerfan9311

Mn vs Mizzou

Assuming these two are seeded 2 and 3 at National Duals, any thoughts on this match-up?

125 - Waters TF Lizak.  Waters teched Boyle, and I don't think Lizak's better than Boyle.  Mizzou 5-0
133 - Dardanes mdec Synon.  Synon's really lanky, which might allow him to really frustrate Dardanes, but eventually the points will pile up.  Mizzou 5-4
141 - Mayes dec. Dardanes.  Toss-up, obviously, but I think this will be Mayes statement win.  Gonna be a great match!  Mizzou 8-4
149 - Houdashelt mdec Short.  I'd say tech, but Short seems really good at stalling, so we'll stick with major.  Mizzou 12-4
157 - Ness dec. Lavallee.  Of course a pin is always possible, but Lavallee is very tough to score on, losing by 1 three times to Ian Miller.  Mizzou 12-7
165 - England dec Kingsley/Wanzek.  Toss-up, England has struggled at 165 so far, so he's due.  Mizzou 15-7
174 - Storley dec Eblen.  I don't like this match-up style-wise.  I think Eblen has a better shot at Evans. Toss-up, but I'm giving it to Minny.  Mizzou 15-10
184 - Miklus dec Pfarr.  Miklus is just better.  Not that impressed with Pfarr.  Mizzou 18-10
197 - Cox dec Schiller.  Schiller is in trouble.  Cox isn't gonna gas and he'll finish at least two of those takedowns.  I'll say 5-2.  Mizzou 21-10
Hwt - Kroells dec Mellon.  With nothing to wrestle for, Mellon will be uninspired.  If the dual is on the line, this could change.  Mizzou 21-13

If Ness pins and Dardanes wins, that would be 19-18 Minny.  But Mellon might win if that's the case.  Lots of great matches, this will be an awesome dual, win or lose for both.

125 - Waters TF Lizak  5-0 Mizzou  (Waters methodically racks up near-fall on top)

133 - Dardanes mdec. Synon  5-4 Mizzou  (Dardanes just outmuscles Synon and plays the TD and cut game to get bonus)

141 - Dardanes dec. Mayes  7-5 Minnesota  (Dardanes hand fights well and doesn't let Mayes get space)

149 - Houdashelt mdec. Short  9-7 Mizzou  (Houdashelt gets a couple takedowns plus some near-fall to get bonus)

157 - Ness mdec. Lavallee  11-9 Minnesota  (Same as Houdashelt)

165 - Kingsley/Wanzek dec. England  14-9 Minnesota  (Doesn't matter who Minny throws out, England hasn't improved since dropping to 165)

174 - Storley dec. Eblen  17-9 Minnesota  (Storley is too athletic for Eblen. Eblen will get good offensive chances but won't be able to capitalize)

184 - Miklus dec. Pfarr  17-12 Minnesota  (Miklus has been wrestling well lately so he gets the nod, but will be a close match)

197 - Cox dec. Schiller  17-15 Minnesota  (Cox gets it done this time with better conditioning and a gameplan)

Hwt - Kroells dec. Mellon  20-15 Minnesota  (Toss up. Not expecting much from either guy)

I'm most excited for 141, 174, 184, and 197.

- 141 will be a battle of styles. Dardanes kind of flies under the radar because 141 is so top heavy, but winning this match soundly could show just how good he really is. On the other hand, Mayes could show that he can compete with the top guys with a win here.

- 174 will be fun to watch because I think Eblen will get in on multiple good scoring opportunities and we'll see Storley counter wrestle and funk his way out of them, probably scoring on a couple.

- 184 has two competitive guys that will go at it. Personally I think Miklus is significantly better than Pfarr, but I feel like he oftentimes doesn't wrestle to his potential, which will keep this match close.

- 197 is a matchup we'd all love to see again. Cox will be back with a vengeance and is just looking dominant lately. Despite the All-Star match I think Cox wins this one by a close score with Cox clearly having the upper hand most of the match.

Here's the dual comparison. Missouri is looking tough, but I don't believe they have the horses top-to-bottom...

http://www.wrestlestats.com/Team/DualComparison/42/minnesota/43/missouri

ahh ... it'd be tigers versus gophers, why would Mizoo need any horses?  Now if the gophers are riding down to the dual on their horses they're gonna be worn out and a tiger can take a gopher on a horse any day, well I'd say at least any day in 2015.  :)

Waters TF Lizak... waters too good on top 5-0

Dardennes dec Synon...Synon ride the storm and stall and dardennes has trouble scoring. 5-3

Mayes dec Dardennes..Mayes too athletic for Dardennes. 8-3

Houdashelt mdec short...Houdashelt eats the freshman up. 12-3

lavallee dec Ness..Ness gives up some dumb points early and runs out of time.  Lavallee tough to score on. 15-3

England dec Wanzek.  Weird last name so I give it to England  18-3

Eblen dec Storley... Story of the dual is JEblen downing Storley.  Storley overrated.  21-3

Miklus mdec Pfarr...Miklus makes a statement and punishes the gopher.  25-3

Cox mdec Schiller..Cox is still angry about the all star.  29-3

Mellon dec Kroells..Mellon hits the old Mellon crusher to end the dual. 32-3

That would be a decent performance for the Tigers.

Edited by preceptor

Waters TF Lizak... waters too good on top 5-0

Dardennes dec Synon...Synon ride the storm and stall and dardennes has trouble scoring. 5-3

Mayes dec Dardennes..Mayes too athletic for Dardennes. 8-3

Houdashelt mdec short...Houdashelt eats the freshman up. 12-3

lavallee dec Ness..Ness gives up some dumb points early and runs out of time.  Lavallee tough to score on. 15-3

England dec Wanzek.  Weird last name so I give it to England  18-3

Eblen dec Storley... Story of the dual is JEblen downing Storley.  Storley overrated.  21-3

Miklus mdec Pfarr...Miklus makes a statement and punishes the gopher.  25-3

Cox mdec Schiller..Cox is still angry about the all star.  29-3

Mellon dec Kroells..Mellon hits the old Mellon crusher to end the dual. 32-3

That would be a decent performance for the Tigers.

Synon did beat Garrett which is a better win than CD has had this year. So make it 35-0 Mizzou

125: Waters Mdec Lizak 4-0 Mizzou

133: Dardanes dec. Synon 4-3 Mizzou

141: Dardanes dec. Mayes 6-4 Minny

149: Houdashelt dec. Short 7-6 Mizzou

157: Ness dec. LaValle 9-7 Minny

165: Wanzek dec. England 12-7 Minny

174: Storley dec. Eblen 15-7 Minny

184: Miklus dec. Pfarr 15-10 Minny

197: Cox dec. Schiller 15-13 Minny

285: Kroells dec. Mellon 18-13 Minny

I think the entire dual comes down to England being able to beat Wanzek. I feel confident in the other picks and predict a lack of bonus scored in this match up. If England can come out on top at 165 I think the Tigers will win it on criteria with a 16-16 team score. I think Minnesota matches up better against Mizzou than Iowa does.

I think the entire dual comes down to England being able to beat Wanzek. I feel confident in the other picks and predict a lack of bonus scored in this match up. If England can come out on top at 165 I think the Tigers will win it on criteria with a 16-16 team score. I think Minnesota matches up better against Mizzou than Iowa does.

Wouldn't a win by England make the score 16-15 Mizzou and they'd win outright? Regardless, even though I didn't put it in my predictions, I think we're gonna see a pin somewhere in this dual. I just have a gut feeling that in a matchup like this, something random is bound to happen.

Agree with this besides the Ness/Lavallee match..I'd predict a pin by Ness and I think Mellon wins the match against Kroells..both have similar wins/losses