Sign in to follow this  
jammen

How do I get espn3 if I don't have tv

ask someone to give you their cable tv login and password. or borrow their laptop/tablet/smartphone etc. or google around for 'alternative' streaming methods. 

Locate your local sports bar (you can spot it because they have  25 TVs carrying the ESPN talking heads all day long).  Spend some long hours drinking in the place so you get to know all the bartenders; tip the barmaids handsomely.  Then, possibly, they will respond to a request to tuNe one TV to the wrestling in favor of some meaningless NBA game. 

There's also a service that's launching this month called Sling. It's for people who don't have cable/satellite but want to subscribe to a small package of networks like ESPN. According to several press stories, the subscription will also include access to the WatchESPN service, which is how I watched ESPN3 last year.

The service is supposed to roll out this month, and the first invitations will go to people who register at sling.com. It's $20 a month with no contract committment.

I'm not endorsing the service as I haven't used it, but it might be a good alternative for some people who don't have cable or even a TV.

Locate your local sports bar (you can spot it because they have  25 TVs carrying the ESPN talking heads all day long).  Spend some long hours drinking in the place so you get to know all the bartenders; tip the barmaids handsomely.  Then, possibly, they will respond to a request to tuNe one TV to the wrestling in favor of some meaningless NBA game. 

yeah but that won't get you the espn3 only rounds. but good advice regardless. 

Best thing to do is call a friend who has a carrier with an ESPN partnership agreement.  I use DirecTV and for some odd reason they are the only big carrier that does not have a partnership agreement with ESPN.  So, I phone a friend and use their login info when I want to watch ESPN3 wrestling coverage.

I'm anticipating not being able to go to St Louis and I don't have tv.  Assuming that the NCAA's will be on espn3(no schedule released yet) is there any way to pay for espn3 streaming on the internet?

How do you or why does someone not have a TV? Just wondered. Anyway I watched the NCAA's last year on my xbox one and espn3 on my projector. It worked flawless and it was awesome to watch multiple matches on a huge screen at the same time if you like. I am sure this does not help you as you have no TV, which means you definitely do not have an xbox one. But maybe if I can just reach one person who does have an xbox one and did not know they it carried espn3...I did my job.

i don't understand this question.  serious.  why not just go to espn3 on your laptop?  i've been doing it for years.  i too don't have tv.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3

TimeWarnerCable isn't a paid affiliate despite ESPN3's list stating they are (neither is Windstream who is also listed).  TWC does not provide ESPN3 to internet only customers.  They require a tv package that includes ESPN.

How do you or why does someone not have a TV? Just wondered. Anyway I watched the NCAA's last year on my xbox one and espn3 on my projector. It worked flawless and it was awesome to watch multiple matches on a huge screen at the same time if you like. I am sure this does not help you as you have no TV, which means you definitely do not have an xbox one. But maybe if I can just reach one person who does have an xbox one and did not know they it carried espn3...I did my job.

I do have a tv.  I don't have a paid tv subscription, only internet.  I just find it surprising that there isn't a ppv stream offered, but I guess that is ESPN's business model and the NCAA has accepted it