Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Iowa Rivals Board=Tough Crowd

Wow, it is hard to be a poster on the Iowa Rivals board if you aren't 100% gung ho, Iowa can do no wrong and NCAA champs for other teams didn't really deserve them.

If I asked most of you, would you not agree through many of my posts that, regardless of my screenname, I am an Iowa fan?

I made a point to say Grothus replacing Dziewa isn't the world beating scenario many on there thought it would be.  I was asked to stop trolling and leave.

After reading multiple attacks on both Tony Nelson and Jesse Delgado, I pointed out that they were 2X Champs and they didn't get there solely by stalling like may believed.  I was again asked to stop trolling and leave.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me.  In fact, many times I am looking for someone to prove me wrong.  I just don't understand why so many get mad when they don't like something they read on a message board...........

Wow, it is hard to be a poster on the Iowa Rivals board if you aren't 100% gung ho, Iowa can do no wrong and NCAA champs for other teams didn't really deserve them.

If I asked most of you, would you not agree through many of my posts that, regardless of my screenname, I am an Iowa fan?

I made a point to say Grothus replacing Dziewa isn't the world beating scenario many on there thought it would be.  I was asked to stop trolling and leave.

After reading multiple attacks on both Tony Nelson and Jesse Delgado, I pointed out that they were 2X Champs and they didn't get there solely by stalling like may believed.  I was again asked to stop trolling and leave.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me.  In fact, many times I am looking for someone to prove me wrong.  I just don't understand why so many get mad when they don't like something they read on a message board...........

Because of an inordinate percentage of morons.

This is the fan base where a high majority of them booed Kyle Dake, and got the rest of the arena to drown out their boos with applause.

All fanbases have their share of annoying fans.  With success, the amount of annoying fans increase.  Sadly, they make the whole group group look bad, as every group has a lot of awesome fans as well.

I'm a PSU fan, and every match at Rec Hall I cringe at comments from some of the fans that either know very little about wrestling, but, shout the loudest or are just simply rude.

I've met awesome Iowa fans and annoying Iowa fans over the years.   It is likely the same for all fanbases who have experienced success.

You can respect a guy for winning but that does not mean you have to like the style in which they do it. Sure Nelson and Delgado are great wrestlers and scored a lot of points on guys outside the top 10, but in big matches they live(d) by what in days past would have easily been considered stalling.

As far as Grothus replacing Dziewa I tend to agree with you until Grothus proves otherwise.

Also, come on you seem like a smart guy, do you really not understand why some people get mad from reading something on a message board? Have you driven in traffic before. Most people are insane. 

The better question to ask is why a grown man would make such a post then come to another message board to recap his interactions and then look for people to tell him... I am not sure what you are looking for actually.  

Edited by OtisCampbell

Gable ruined it. By not winning his third against Owings, he produced what is known as PTGS: Post Traumatic Gable Syndrome. Studies have shown most Iowans not only don't resognize the loss; they think he won. In fact, to most Iowans they havent lost a dual or national title since 1978.

When challenged with a significant loss, most Iowans will yell stalling or the ref missed the pin, even when the wrestlers were in neutral position. Some Iowans have been known to yell stalling if the opponent straps on the anklet too slowly BEFORE the whistle.

Most of the symptoms are manifested on the outer part of a wrestling mat. The Iowa wrestler tends to shove or poke at a clearly out of bounds defenseless opponent as a means of lashing out at Owings. It is a vicious cycle that has no cure.

Damn you Larry, damn you. . .and they grow such great corn.

Gable ruined it. By not winning his third against Owings, he produced what is known as PTGS: Post Traumatic Gable Syndrome. Studies have shown most Iowans not only don't resognize the loss; they think he won. In fact, to most Iowans they havent lost a dual or national title since 1978.

When challenged with a significant loss, most Iowans will yell stalling or the ref missed the pin, even when the wrestlers were in neutral position. Some Iowans have been known to yell stalling if the opponent straps on the anklet too slowly BEFORE the whistle.

Most of the symptoms are manifested on the outer part of a wrestling mat. The Iowa wrestler tends to shove or poke at a clearly out of bounds defenseless opponent as a means of lashing out at Owings. It is a vicious cycle that has no cure.

Damn you Larry, damn you. . .and they grow such great corn.

You certainly have a vendetta against Iowa.

Wouldn't this be an ISU Syndrome?

Oh and you are really bad at humor.  
Edited by OtisCampbell

MSU158- Here is my take on your Iowa board hate thread. First off I have followed many of your posts and comments about Iowa here and Rivals. I rarely if ever have responded to you. Basically who you are is an Iowa Bandwagon jumper coming from A bad Michigan state program that you no longer care to support. Correct? Don't tell me you were one of the 150 people total that watched PSU do their thing...

Well I have been a fan of Iowa for 30 years including the bad times. I can assure you many on the Iowa board just don't respect an out of towner coming in and trying to poke and jab and make little comments that "stir the pot" if you will. It's not respectful, warranted or invited on that board. The fact that you come here to complain further about it shows exactly what you are doing. TROLLING. And a traiting troll at that.

The Iowa board is unlike any other board I have visited. Due to the pure volume of posts and activity it's much easier for haters to pick out comments they don't like or agree with. I've been to BWI/Guilotine/34 & counting etc. Getting a PbP thread during matches on their websites is difficult sometimes. Just very inactive compared to Iowa. Rivals is a very active board with many diehard Homer fans. And that's great. That's what the "Iowa" board is for.

Back to MSU158. My suggestion would be to just stay away from the Iowa board. Stay on your MSu board and support your own team. The Uof I wrestling program doesn't need your "fan" support. They already have millions all over the world

Edited by WildTurkey44

The better question to ask is why a grown man would make such a post then come to another message board to recap his interactions and then look for people to tell him... I am not sure what you are looking for actually.  

MSU158, why did you start this thread?  Not a good idea.  It makes you look like a whiner.  I am on the Iowa forum and enjoy your posts there.  This isn't a good idea.

I don't read the Iowa, OSU, or Penn State forums. OU isn't back to a level where there is a board. As programs get successful the bandwagoners climb aboard. I can remember when Iowa State became a power, and Iowa was a decade away. Each has its fan base no use waving a red flag it will only agitate them.

WildTurkey44,

Do you see yourself as credible when you like your own post?

Also, I am not an Iowa bandwagon fan.  I watched Metcalf wrestle a ton since he was only a year older than my younger brother and followed his career.  I was also a big fan of Brands.  When they came together I followed them. 

Finally, I care to support MSU.  They simply won't let me.  As a self proclaimed Iowa fan of 30 years, you have NO IDEA how bad it is.  Nearly everyone I know, including a 3X  AA do NOT follow the program anymore.  This goes from Minkel all the way through the Athletic Department.  I even had correspondence with Dale Anderson trying to see if anything could be done.  Simply put, as long as Minkel remains, there is no point.  I will always cheer for them and still donate money but I can't go there anymore.  I honestly feel bad sitting amongst the parents and family members.

MSU158- Here is my take on your Iowa board hate thread. First off I have followed many of your posts and comments about Iowa here and Rivals. I rarely if ever have responded to you. Basically who you are is an Iowa Bandwagon jumper coming from A bad Michigan state program that you no longer care to support. Correct? Don't tell me you were one of the 150 people total that watched PSU do their thing...

Well I have been a fan of Iowa for 30 years including the bad times. I can assure you many on the Iowa board just don't respect an out of towner coming in and trying to poke and jab and make little comments that "stir the pot" if you will. It's not respectful, warranted or invited on that board. The fact that you come here to complain further about it shows exactly what you are doing. TROLLING. And a traiting troll at that.

The Iowa board is unlike any other board I have visited. Due to the pure volume of posts and activity it's much easier for haters to pick out comments they don't like or agree with. I've been to BWI/Guilotine/34 & counting etc. Getting a PbP thread during matches on their websites is difficult sometimes. Just very inactive compared to Iowa. Rivals is a very active board with many diehard Homer fans. And that's great. That's what the "Iowa" board is for.

Back to MSU158. My suggestion would be to just stay away from the Iowa board. Stay on your MSu board and support your own team. The Uof I wrestling program doesn't need your "fan" support. They already have millions all over the world

Get the number right...per the Michigan State press release, the actual attendance was actually 252.

MSU158 You are reaching for straws Mr. I have indeed been a fan of Iowa wrestling for 30 years. Please refrain from commenting on behalf of the UofI. You are only digging in deeper at this point. You are a MSU fan that has switched to Iowa due to the poor performance by the team you supported for years correct? Now you are trolling the Iowa fan base on TheMat.com/forums because they don't agree with you. You have 0 credibility here or anywhere. Get behind your own team and stop whatever it is that you are doing to deface the program you wish MSU was/is.

That's what your rebuttal is? Really. You obviously are an Iowa hater disguised as a MSU crybaby excuse maker. Is it clear to you now that nobody that loves Iowa wrestling wants anything to do with your snitch ass trolling traitor hatred? MSu clearly needs and deserves a guy like you.

You can respect a guy for winning but that does not mean you have to like the style in which they do it. Sure Nelson and Delgado are great wrestlers and scored a lot of points on guys outside the top 10, but in big matches they live(d) by what in days past would have easily been considered stalling.

As soon as I saw MSU158's post, I knew you'd be the first one to prove his comments right. MSU may not always be right, but he isn't a troll by any means. Home boards are often just too damn sensitive and insecure and they do not allow any kind of dissent at times. That goes for every fanbase. No exceptions. 

Edited by TBar1977

As soon as I saw MSU158's post, I knew you'd be the first one to prove his comments right. MSU may not always be right, but he isn't a troll by any means. Home boards are often just too damn sensitive and insecure and they do not allow any kind of dissent at times. That goes for every fanbase. No exceptions. 

How does this prove anything I answered his question about why these guys get hated on. Why did you leave the rest of my post out? 

I actually went to the post he is talking about and for the most part people were answering the question he asked. The problem is he didn't like the answer people were giving him and people got annoyed with him and told him to beat it. 

He came on looking for a discussion and when he didn't get the discussion he wanted he ran over to this board like a little child.

Otis,

Really?  Many weren't answering the question. They were attacking me FOR asking it?  I had no issue with any direct answers or reasoning.  I responded with respect to everyone who gave a level headed response.  I simply lost it when malice was willfully wished upon me.  It may have come directly from only 1 poster, but many seemed to agree with him.  Wishing malice on someone for what they post on a message board is nonsensical.  Did anything I posted actually warrant wishing bad things happen to me?

Also, I didn't run here like a child.  I came here to both express my frustration with how I felt misperceived and to have an independent source point out that I truly am an Iowa fan and not on the Rivals board solely to troll.