Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Iowa/PSU Potential Goose Egg Comments

Iowa will not shut out this dual for the same reason they are gonna be a shaky #1 headed into nationals (if they are).

They have ? at 141, 157, 165. 

Sorry plas i don't have a meaningful historical perspective. 

I don't think Iowa is going to shut PSU out but saying Iowa is going to be a shaky #1 because they have ? at 141,157 and 165 is kinda silly.   

If Iowa's 141,157 and 165 are ?s 

Minn has ?s  at 125,149,165,184,HWT

tOSU has ?s at 133,149,157,174,184,HWT

PSU has ?s at 125,133,141,149,157,165,184,HWT

Mizzu has ?s at 133,141,157,165,174,184,HWT

Yes, Iowa has question marks ranked 8th, 8th, and 9th in the country (per the Dual Impact Index presented by the National Collegiate Open). Hammerlockthree, your argument is utterly preposterous.

Although my computer projects it, I would be a fair bit surprised if the Hawks win by shutout. But it's not very likely to be those three weights that break the shutout, unless Dylan Alton goes, in which case 157 is a tossup, IMO.

That may be the worst argument I've heard for anything since wrestling was dropped at one institution because "wrestlers are bad people".

SHP, I realize you may of spent a lot of time putting it together but your computer program is wrong on a regular basis so why do you continue to site it as some sort of authority on college wrestling? It's all a bunch of hokum to me and probably many others. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Should be a fun dual.  I'll admit, I will be watching with my hands covering my face as if head lights from a Mack truck were coming right at me.

I'll also admit that if PSU were to pull off the biggest upset since the 1980 Olympic Hockey win over the Russians I will be on here gloa"T"ing with a capital "T" that rhymes with "P" that stands for "Pool"!

Yes, Iowa has question marks ranked 8th, 8th, and 9th in the country (per the Dual Impact Index presented by the National Collegiate Open). Hammerlockthree, your argument is utterly preposterous.

Although my computer projects it, I would be a fair bit surprised if the Hawks win by shutout. But it's not very likely to be those three weights that break the shutout, unless Dylan Alton goes, in which case 157 is a tossup, IMO.

That may be the worst argument I've heard for anything since wrestling was dropped at one institution because "wrestlers are bad people".

They're just not definite point scorers at nationals. Everyone is so sensitive on here.

They're just not definite point scorers at nationals. Everyone is so sensitive on here.

I think the point here is that all teams have those ?s this year and Iowa has thusfar stood above, and they haven't been particularly challenged. They could still lose, but I think they're a solid favorite.

I didn't even say iowa wasn't the best! I just pointed out the places Iowa is little nervous! And everyone who currently nestled up my butt seems to agree with me because all they have to say is that other teams have more question marks. You'd think I called them holes or something. 

The real story here is how paranoid and insecure this success and #1 ranking has made some of the Iowa faithful. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

with the line up set and everyone healthy (as far as i know) i count fewer and less concerning question marks at Iowa than any other contender. but whatever, semantics aside might be time to start armchair handicapping for fun. 

40% Iowa

20% Minn

20% tOSU

10% Mizz

10% Field

35% Iowa

20% Minn

20% tOSU

10% Mizz

5% PSU

5% Corn

5% field

field might be actually be 1% after the contenders. thots? what did i miss? i am a rank amateur when it comes to odds. 

SHP, I realize you may of spent a lot of time putting it together but your computer program is wrong on a regular basis so why do you continue to site it as some sort of authority on college wrestling? It's all a bunch of hokum to me and probably many others.

-----

this one gave me a chuckle.... so SHP's computer projections are hokum, but your posts are enlightened?

I have been paying attention to the Hawkeyes, with special focus on that Iowa/Minny dual. I for one, am convinced that this Iowa team is (currently) the team at the top of the heap. Duals, tourneys, no matter……looks like they could literally 'run the table' through the month of March.

That said, I have been a 'professor' fan/follower since the guy was in HS over there in Utah. He gave our sport a big shot in the arm when it was needed. I think that he continues to do so. 

This Sun, February 8, will be lots of fun for this ole wrestler/fan(atic). Let's hope for a real barn burner of a wrestling dual meet.

I'm there, just……….

Imagine.    Apologies to John

I think PSU benefits from having Friday off. Gulibon is especially terrible at making the Friday-Sunday turnaround. I think he still loses though. Overall, I would guess PSU wins 174 and 197 only, but wrestles tough.

Edited by LemonPie