Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Iowa/PSU Potential Goose Egg Comments

I will say that many of SHP's more recent posts have a similar feel to Chertow's.  Almost feels like they are selling something............;)  I wonder if they make a living directly involved with wrestling?

I have never been paid a penny for the Dual Impact Index, nor do I wish to. I may be trying to boost its exposure, something I will readily admit to, but I'm not looking for any financial gain from it.

Hammerlock, I don't say sorry when I don't mean it. I'm not about to act like a three-dollar bill just because somebody tells me to.

Yes, they'll be the same people wrestling on the Iowa side. But the guys who are wrestling on the Penn State side are not the same guys.

Let's face it. Kade Moss is not likely to beat Josh Dziewa, and Garrett Hammond is not likely to beat Nick Moore. Dylan Alton could well end up beating Mike Kelly, but that requires him to actually be wrestling. If Cody Law goes at 157, he's not likely to beat Kelly.

I have never been paid a penny for the Dual Impact Index, nor do I wish to. I may be trying to boost its exposure, something I will readily admit to, but I'm not looking for any financial gain from it.

Maybe when it gets a few predictions right? ;)

hammerlock, that's fair. The Hawks aren't airtight from a nationals perspective at those three weights, that's for certain, but Penn State is not the threat to them in that regard.

And I wasn't blasting you, I was blasting the argument. You're usually a better poster than that.

Scribe, it often does. I don't often make public the computer's predictions, but I did before the Iowa/Penn State meet last year, and it went 10-for-10!

If Iowa beats Penn State pretty convincingly on Sunday, that might be the best thing going forward ...

... for Penn State. They'll work twice as hard to prepare for next year and beyond.

It certainly fits with Conaway's apparent "Allow myself to be ridden for two minutes when I need a pin or tech" strategy.

I honestly do not understand how Cory Clark is ranked number 3 at 133 per Intermat. He is 2-3 in his last 5 matches, losses to Dardanes, Richards, and Dijulious. Other wrestlers would have tumbled a bit more in the rankings, but not him? I think him and Gulibon is gonna be a fun match to watch. I have watched both their matches from high school. Being that this match is at PSU, I favor Jimmy in a close one.

I really can not see Iowa shutting out PSU at home. Along with Gulibon, i can see Brown, McIntosh and Alton winning. By no means are those sure things, I am just saying PSU should get a few wins in this dual.

Hard to put Richards over Clark since they have split matches and Richards just had a bad loss.

Hard to put Earl Hall over Clark since Clark almost majored him in their only meeting this year.

Maybe Cody Brewer could be but he just had a loss against the only top guy he has faced.

Guillibon & DiJulius have too many bad loses. I Guess I could see DiJuilius maybe but  he has a loss to Gillibon, a D2 guy and just lost to Delvecchio.  

Hall is on the upswing and Clarks big win against him is carrying a lot of weight.  

How would you unbiasedly rank 133 sir?

It is not like it is some lone Iowa biased ranking system out there

Intermat #3

Flo #3

Win #4

TOM #4

AWN #7  with Guilbon at #3  so there you go.  

Clark is the underdog.  

From the looks of it you should just read AWN's rankings sir. They seem to not be doing Iowa any favors in their rankings. Telford at #4.  

Edited by OtisCampbell

SHP,

You are a good guy.  I was just messing with you.  I just like how the theme of many of your posts have changed recently.  If anyone spends the amount of time to deserve any form of reimbursement, it's you.

I especially like how your index is brought to us by the NCO.  ;)

Edited by MSU158

Otis,

I agree with you.  Other than Dardanes, no one at 133 has been consistent enough to clearly argue being put up top.  Brewer had the 2nd spot locked up until being pinned by Hall.  After that the A beat B, but C beat A and B beat C argument steps in.

However, I will say Clark needs to start winning very soon, and keep doing so.  He definitely isn't on the momentum train heading in the desired direction.

Vak, you and hammer should greatly enjoy this Sunday. Iowa is going to win. Iowa is a total lock this year at NCAA. Your Hawkeyes can't lose this year. I get the feeling that everyone else is wrestling for 2nd place. 

:-)

???

Otis,

I agree with you.  Other than Dardanes, no one at 133 has been consistent enough to clearly argue being put up top.  Brewer had the 2nd spot locked up until being pinned by Hall.  After that the A beat B, but C beat A and B beat C argument steps in.

However, I will say Clark needs to start winning very soon, and keep doing so.  He definitely isn't on the momentum train heading in the desired direction.

I think we will find out a lot about Clark this weekend. If he wins both matches it will be a good indication that he is probably well worthy of a #3/4 ranking. If he loses to Guillibon and wins Maryland he is right in the pack with the 3-8 rankings guys, If he loses both then it would seem he has his hands full to just be an All American.  

passive agressivity at it's finest. build them up, then if they fail it's break out the 'folding tent' threads!

It is killing guys like TBarr to give Iowa any credit right now, so they have to go over the top and like Hasek said if Iowa slips at all these guys will rub it into the Iowa fans face bad.

Iowa is by no means a lock for anything, but at this point they sure look like they are going to win it.  They have no locks for titles but have at least 5 guys that could be in the finals without having to stretch your imagination too far. Every one of their guys can very realistically be an All American. No other team has this kind of overall firepower or at least has not proven it so far this year.

To Hammerlocks point they do have a lot of questions marks and by questions marks I mean many of their guys could very realistically not be All Americans. If they have a poor NCAA overall they will not win. If they have an average one in relation to their rankings I think they probably win.  

Everyone else either needs Iowa to slip and or have a great over-all team performance.

Win or lose I am really enjoying the team this year. It is great not having any glaring holes in the lineup and it is nice having the team overall wrestling more like the Iowa teams of old than the last few years.  

Edited by OtisCampbell