5 Mitchell Port Edinboro 10 

6 Jace Bennett Cornell 9 

7 Logan Stieber Ohio State  9 

8 Matthew Brown Penn State 9 

9 Austin Trott 8 

10 Alex Polizzi Northwestern  8

Last Updated - Feb 5, 2015 13:32 EST

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

Interesting, Headshuck.  If BoJo were to go undefeated, inevitably beating Dierenger to do so he would have a very compelling argument.  Very big if, but it would really be interesting to see if Stieber wins out, but in the less dominant fashion we have witnessed recently.

I just can't believe the committee will give it to anyone else if Stieber goes undefeated.  Dierenger,BoJo, Ness or anyone else would have to basically pin everyone the rest of the season and that probably wouldn't be enough.

Edited by MSU158

NCAA STAT LEADERS -- TECH FALLS

1 Isaiah Martinez 9

2 Peyton Walsh Navy 7

3 Nahshon Garrett Cornell 7

4 Connor Medbery Wisconsin 6

5 Kevin Devoy Drexel6

6 Logan Stieber Ohio State 5

7 Nathan Tomasello Ohio State 5

8 Logan Storley Minnesota 5

9 James Green Nebraska 5

10 Alan Waters Missouri 5

NCAA STAT LEADERS -- MOST DOMINANT

1. Logan Stieber, Minn - 5.41

2. Alex Dieringer, OSU - 4.65

3. Head Shuck, Minn - 4.47

4. Mitchell Port, Edin - 4.46

5. Nick Gwiiazdowski, NC St - 4.43

6. I-MAR, Illinois - 4.35

7. J'Den Cox, Mizz - 4.19

8. Kyven Gadson, ISU - 4.18

9. Robert Kokesh, Neb - 4.13

10. Isacc Jordan, Wisc 4.06

IMO, Logan Stieber has the Hodge in the bag - as long as he wins out.  I can't imagine any other realistic scenario where it goes to someone else.  Based on the various stats posted above, Dieringer, Ness and IMAR may be the closest competition.  Of those three, Ness is the only senior. (I know class is not listed as one of the criteria, but I think it comes into play nonetheless.)  

And, as exciting as Ness is, I don't see him pinning everybody from here out, while Stieber just squeaks by.  Even then, it would be unprecedented for a 4x champ to have never won the Hodge during his career. While the committee has stated in the past that the Hodge isn't a career award, the  "past credentials" criterion will take on added weight for a such an accomplishment, IMO.

There's really no reason to currently consider guys with losses.  Ness & Martinez will eliminate one of these.  Seems to be a big group out there who think BoJo is going to take D-ringer out of the picture.  Stieber might slip up ;) leaving the Hodge to Shuck.

Interesting, Headshuck.  If BoJo were to go undefeated, inevitably beating Dierenger to do so he would have a very compelling argument.  Very big if, but it would really be interesting to see if Stieber wins out, but in the less dominant fashion we have witnessed recently.

I just can't believe the committee will give it to anyone else if Stieber goes undefeated.  Dierenger,BoJo, Ness or anyone else would have to basically pin everyone the rest of the season and that probably wouldn't be enough.

BoJo's low number of matches probably hurts him.  He's had 14 bouts so far, with 4 pins, 3 techs, 2 majors, and 5 decisions.  

While that computes to an impressive 4.43 score using the NCAA's most dominate award criteria, that would only put him tied with Griz at # 5 on their list.  (There's only a 12 match minimum needed for that award, so I don't know why he's not already on the list, if it was updated on Feb 5, as the NCAA indicated.  At that time, Bojo would have had a 4.31 score, which would have put him in 7th place, just below I-MAR.)

• Logan Stieber, Minn - 5.41
  • Alex Dieringer, OSU - 4.65
  • Head Shuck, Minn - 4.47
  • Mitchell Port, Edin - 4.46
  • Nick Gwiiazdowski, NC St - 4.43
  • I-MAR, Illinois - 4.35
  • J'Den Cox, Mizz - 4.19
  • Kyven Gadson, ISU - 4.18
  • Robert Kokesh, Neb - 4.13
  • Isacc Jordan, Wisc 4.06

Last Updated - Feb 5, 2015 13:32 EST

headshuck hasn't been defeated in over 10 years. Edited by scribe

BoJo's low number of matches probably hurts him.  He's had 14 bouts so far, with 4 pins, 3 techs, 2 majors, and 5 decisions.  

While that computes to an impressive 4.43 score using the NCAA's most dominate award criteria, that would only put him tied with Griz at # 5 on their list.  (There's only a 12 match minimum needed for that award, so I don't know why he's not already on the list, if it was updated on Feb 5, as the NCAA indicated.  At that time, Bojo would have had a 4.31 score, which would have put him in 6th place, just below Griz.)

actually, 7th place, right below fellow redshirt frosh I-Mar

There's really no reason to currently consider guys with losses.  Ness & Martinez will eliminate one of these.  Seems to be a big group out there who think BoJo is going to take D-ringer out of the picture.  Stieber might slip up ;) leaving the Hodge to Shuck.

The scenario nobody's discussing:  what if The Mullet finishes the season undefeated?  Beating the 3x defending champ twice, including the NCAA final on national TV, is gonna get some serious votes..

The pins aren't accurate. Ross Larson had his 18th pin yesterday. He was at 14 two weeks ago.

Dieringer gave up his first takedown yesterday, still had a major. Stieber didn't look good against Dardanes yesterday. 141 is a weak weight class so Stieber can probably dominate the first 3 rounds. Could be close. Ness and Bo Jordan have missed too many matches and don'tvpin enough.

The pins ARE accurate at the time the NCAA posted them, they're against Division I competition only. Pinning lower division opponents aren't counted with the most dominant, most falls, etc. ... it's the same in each division. 

Correct.  Larson had only 11 pins against D-1 opponents as of February 5, 2015.  

Note that the original post indicates when the stats were updated.  His fall yesterday puts him at 12 pins to current date.

That Logan fella is pretty good.

And selectively chosen, one might add, in order to justify a given year's seemingly nonsensical selection.  I myself am pulling for it to go to another wrestler who was defeated but to prevail over an undefeated national champion.   I feel we have better discussion each time this happens.   Wait, are they still handing out the beleaguered award?