Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

Any results for Iowa -- Penn State?

Nice comeback by Conaway.  It was all Gilman in the first two periods and looked like it was going to be an easy win for him.  Down 0-3 starting the 3rd period, Conaway escaped, took Gillman down, cut him and took him down again.  He then cut him again with 17 seconds remaining and Gillman (who has a warning earlier) stalled the rest of the match out.  

Those PSU fans crack me up.  I'm watching on BigTen and they're wining about stalling even when their boy is hunkered down on the mat doing nothing.  Hah.  Nice win for Gilman.

Ha! Well, l if you're watching on Big 10 then you heard both announcers (who are from Iowa) agree that a stall warning might have been warranted on Gillman.  So, I'd have to disagree that Iowa fans are overreacting.  Anyway, I'm a Campbell supporter so, with no dog in the fight, I was just looking at it objectively. 3.gif

Ha! Well, l if you're watching on Big 10 then you heard both announcers (who are from Iowa) agree that a stall warning might have been warranted on Gillman.  So, I'd have to disagree that Iowa fans are overreacting.  Anyway, I'm a Campbell supporter so, with no dog in the fight, I was just looking at it objectively. 3.gif

I'm talking about the 1st period when Gillman was riding very tough and Conway was making no effort to get off the bottom.  The PSU fans were going ballistic about stalling, when they had it completely backwards.

I'm talking about the 1st period when Gillman was riding very tough and Conway was making no effort to get off the bottom.  The PSU fans were going ballistic about stalling, when they had it completely backwards.

It's true, but not something that an Iowa fan can call anyone out on.  Ever.

Beitz gives sorensen all he can handle, this is probably the best back and forth dual I've watched all year

Agreed, Beitz looked very good.  It was frustrating, though, that he hung on the edge of the mat so much and that twice he intentionally fled the mat to avoid the takedown, yet the Ref didn't make the call.