Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

Any results for Iowa -- Penn State?

So because Lawson didn't tie his shoe tight it was Telford fault? Pretty sure Big Bob could have had a takedown if that shoe didn't come off. And Telford was active on top never came close to A stall. Lawson getting a stall on bottom had to disappoint the Sandersons. Jimmy did next to nothing to try to win

Not that Evans deserved to win, but Grampa Brown didn't do anything other than push Evans around the mat and ride parallel with a 2 on 1.

Ok cmon man, all Evans DOES is push his opponents around the entire match and stall ride. Thats how he wins, its just this time he got beat at his own game. He has absolutely NO offense. Dont get me wrong, thats what he does best and it shows with his record, but what happens when you go up against someone who can do the same thing to you and has a bigger gas tank? You lose

No stall warning on Telford? Earned the win but I think a token warning might create some action.

No way, how can you say he was stalling? Lawson really didnt commit to a single shot or anything resembling an offensive move. The Mountain didnt back up once and dominated the ties. Did exactly what a HWT does

Credit to Penn State's effort, and to Iowa for getting it done on the end.

Noting prior comments on Iowa's travel schedule and Evans' health, I do wonder what this performance means for the Hawkeyes long term. Iowa looked much bigger physically than Penn State, got off to fast starts in most matches, and then seemed to be holding on in the end. Not sure how this team is going to handle multiple weigh-ins at B1Gs and NCAAs. I understand they dominated Midlands, but the type of weight cutting the Hawks may be doing casts a greater toll the longer the season goes.

Not really sure where any of their guys are cutting a lot of weight other then Grothus trying to get to 141. I do think after this weekend it is a lot closer race with tOSU creeping a little closer. 

This is going to hurt rankingswise for Iowa.

I am still giving Iowa the nod here but I think it is between Iowa and tOSU.  Minnesota has too many big holes and their big guns are kinda losing steam.