Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Ryan Taylor vs. Zane Richards

#out of nowhere (to me at least)

yeah, for whatever reason, he seems to be under everyone's radar.  Last year as a RS-Fr in the Big Ten tourney he beat Youtsey, lost a close 4-3 match to Mega, beat Lambert, and then decimated Clark 9 - 5 for 3rd place.  I know when I use the word 'decimated' people will take umbrage, but Clark had absolutely no defense against his TD's.

This year he took 3rd at Midlands in a stacked weight class that included Schopp, Deutsch, Alexander, Z. Richards, Clark, Sabatello, Norstrem, and Jarrod Garnett.  RT easily beat Garnett, and I suspect Garnett had no idea what a buzzsaw he was about to go up against.

yeah, for whatever reason, he seems to be under everyone's radar. Last year as a RS-Fr in the Big Ten tourney he beat Youtsey, lost a close 4-3 match to Mega, beat Lambert, and then decimated Clark 9 - 5 for 3rd place. I know when I use the word 'decimated' people will take umbrage, but Clark had absolutely no defense against his TD's.

This year he took 3rd at Midlands in a stacked weight class that included Schopp, Deutsch, Alexander, Z. Richards, Clark, Sabatello, Norstrem, and Jarrod Garnett. RT easily beat Garnett, and I suspect Garnett had no idea what a buzzsaw he was about to go up against.

I think it's because 1-2x/ season he'll pull a real boner and remain ranked 10-15 range. Only a soph though right?

The replay is available if you have big ten plus.

Edited by madcat11

yeah, for whatever reason, he seems to be under everyone's radar.  Last year as a RS-Fr in the Big Ten tourney he beat Youtsey, lost a close 4-3 match to Mega, beat Lambert, and then decimated Clark 9 - 5 for 3rd place.  I know when I use the word 'decimated' people will take umbrage, but Clark had absolutely no defense against his TD's.

This year he took 3rd at Midlands in a stacked weight class that included Schopp, Deutsch, Alexander, Z. Richards, Clark, Sabatello, Norstrem, and Jarrod Garnett.  RT easily beat Garnett, and I suspect Garnett had no idea what a buzzsaw he was about to go up against.

Stacked weight class at Midlands.  Come on that couldn't be the case.  

I just watched it. What an absolute ass-kicking. Jesus. You have to wonder what the hell was wrong with Richards, and yet, it seemed like nothing was wrong. What the hell was this kid doing down at 125?

Well, last year he was at 125 because Graff was at 133. This year he started at 125 because Thielke was supposed to be at 133.  Taylor has looked like this since day 1.

He can't beat Thielke?? Or was he just taking one for the team until he couldn't suck down anymore?

Once Thielke couldn't make 133 I think it was an easy coach's decision to move Taylor to 133 and Thielke to 141.  I don't know if RT beats Thielke, but RT is looking like he would.

Dark horse?

Define dark horse.    He should have AA'ed last year IMO.   RT is full of confidence and believes he can beat anyone. 

Watch Ryan Taylor down 8-1 half way through 2nd period to California state champ Daniel Gaytan at the Clash a few years ago-

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/247501-2011-The-Clash-The-National-High-School-Wrestling-Duals-Flo-Major/video/554548-120-lbs-match-Ryan-Taylor-St-Paris-Graham-vs-Daniel-Gaytan-Clovis

Edited by stp