Sign in to follow this  
sockobuw

ioaw/psu thoughts

youre right, shouldnt have picked that nit. i knew it as an obscenity case but didn't look up the exact quote. well researched!

training for the same schedule is what i should have said. they all have to wrestles the NCAA tournament on the same weekend.

anyway, we can all agree that we can look up results after the fact and determine who peaked. yawn. please let me know when someone wants to go on record and point out someone who is peaking before the results comes in. 

Gwiz is peaking right now!    wow!

Carl Fronhofer wrote a great article on his training after his senior year. After a very brief search I wasn't able to find it. The short version is that he did it the coaches way and didn't have success the first 3 years, so he was doing it his way. Cut out lifting the last month of the season, went 3on-3off, wasn't cutting as much weight his senior year, listened to his body and individualized his workouts. It was pretty eye opening for me because my experience was everyone getting the same training for the most part, which is really stupid when you think about it. Fronhofer had his body in peak physical condition and it allowed him to compete well on the mat. When you feel good, I am sure you have confidence and are mentally in a good state to compete.

Probably not the same article you're referencing, but the below has some info on Fronhofer's training his senior year.

http://www.pittmag.pitt.edu/fall2003/goodsport.html

I suppose this was directed at me...Dbag would most likely put you in the hospital if not a funeral parade with your most valued family members following...Iowa was suppose to knock the snot out of those on The PSU "Train" which didn't happen...The only surprise was "Awesome Jimmy Lawson" sweating buckets after two minutes of wrestling...That wasn't funny...LOL!!!

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

It's funny, the PSU/PA fanboys just want to scream "it doesn't count!", lol.  The RS/Injury nonsense gets tiresome.

"You won the battle, but won't win the war".  What a Dbag.